What are the types of executives
Types of leadership approaches
Management approaches represent a system of statements in which the results of research on employee and company management are clearly summarized. They are also known as leadership theory and form the basis for leadership theory.
In this section you will find out when leadership approaches play a role and what types of leadership approaches there are. We'll also show you why these are important and what advantages and disadvantages are associated with them. You then have the opportunity to check your knowledge using our exercises.
Why are the types of leadership approaches important?
In leadership research and the leadership theory derived from it, different ways of looking at leadership approaches are required to explain the complex topic of leadership. Recommendations for action for managers in the form of certain leadership styles can be developed from these explanations.
What are leadership approaches?
The different types of leadership approaches result from leadership research and form the basis for developing and teaching leadership styles and behavior. So they play a role especially in company management and the management of employees as well as the associated training and education of managers.
What leadership approaches are there?
There are five basic approaches to leadership:
The property approach
The characteristics approach assumes that the success of leadership depends on the characteristics of the manager. According to this approach, the manager has advantages in certain characteristics.
These can be, for example, their knowledge, their skills, their demeanor, their intelligence or their self-confidence. Because of this, the employees follow him. It is considered to be one of the oldest approaches to explaining leadership and leadership.
The behavioral approach
The behavioral approach deals primarily with the behavior of people who lead other people and, as a result, with the different styles of leadership.
- handing down
- group oriented or
… be. Above all, emphasis is placed on looking at the behavior of successful managers.
The situation approach
The situation approach assumes that the type of leadership and the associated leadership style depends on the respective situation.
For example, the contingency approach not only connects the different positions and the associated power between manager and subordinate, but also the relationship between the two actors, as well as the concrete structure of the task to be performed. Depending on the situation approach, the right leadership style can be selected for every situation.
The interaction approach
The interaction approach focuses on the interaction of different factors, such as the personality structure of the manager and the employee, the behavior of other members of the group and the respective situation.
This quite new management approach is understood to mean the management's perception of a role model function, especially in the points:
- Sense of responsibility
Through this role as a role model for the employees, they can be intrinsically motivated, as the executives gain the respect, trust, loyalty and appreciation of the employees. This increases the motivation and motivation of the managed employees.
The system-oriented management approach
A distinction is made here again between the personal system approach and the systemic management approach.
- The personal leadership approach assumes that the manager as a regulating person has various management instruments at his disposal in order to achieve the desired mutual success - adapted to the situation and taking into account the management goals. The task of the manager is therefore to influence the behavior of the employee in such a way that the desired success occurs.
- in the systemic leadership approach In addition to the behavior of managers and those being led, the interactions with all participants in the entire system are also examined. This includes, for example, direct colleagues, other employees in the company, suppliers and customers. All of these systemic factors have an influence on both the person being led and the manager. This happens through the complex interplay of actions and reactions as well as their consequences and feedback in social systems.
Advantages and disadvantages of leadership approaches
- serve to explain leadership behavior
- can give recommendations for action for managers
- Different approaches sometimes allow different conclusions.
- These are theoretical constructs, which is why only theoretical knowledge and theoretical recommendations for action can be derived.
# 3. The five different management approaches are:
- Why did it all start?
- What do we know about gravity
- Where can I see Pretty Little Liars
- When is someone an asshole
- Why is data security so important
- Is the White House haunted
- Is the identity matrix an elementary matrix
- What is the understanding of society
- What crops is Georgia known for
- What is special pigment coloring
- How do I get GTA Online Mods
- What business is good for women
- Lawyers have a lot of stress
- How important SMO is to SEO
- How is the Jio network in Manali
- How did Hitler become popular
- Workday HCM continues its tremendous growth
- What agriculture is better in Tamil Nadu
- When was mini wheat invented?
- What makes PayPal a legal source of transactions
- Have any big bands been integrated?
- How do you love the street dogs
- What does KOT Bill
- Why are game design books so boring?
- Is raw camel meat safe to eat
- What is randomization in statistics
- Yellow grass will turn green again
- How would you rate Doordashs' customer service
- Favors the evolution of religious populations
- How can I open SIT files
- What is meant by alkali metals
- Would you prefer to learn Taekwondo or Karate?
- How should I choose my career path
- How has your body changed after pregnancy