What are the industries in Japan
Construction industry very domestically influenced
Japan has an extensive construction industry that is dominated by a few large general construction companies and a large number of small, local construction companies. Statistics from the responsible industry ministry recorded more than 472,000 companies of all sizes that are active in the construction sector at the end of March 2020. The number of construction companies has increased further in recent years. Of these, 149 foreign companies (as of the end of March 2019) had a license in Japan. However, these do not include large general contractors, but rather many consulting firms and construction suppliers.
At the top of the building pyramid are five Japanese construction companies, all of which have sales over US $ 10 billion, above all Obayashi and Kajima. Extensive large-scale projects in Japan, such as the modernization of downtown areas, are carried out by the major general contractors in cooperation with real estate developers. They are also well represented in infrastructure construction and public construction projects. These are well networked.
Largest construction companies in Japan, fiscal year 2019 * (in billion US $)
Construction sector continues to develop
Firms are investing in automation as the workforce shrinks. For example, the construction company Shimizu has been using the first robots since 2018 to lift and transport heavy building materials or other hazardous activities. Robots are also used for welding work. Another construction company, Fujita, uses remote-controlled demolition robots on construction sites. Their share is still small, but companies want to increase this quickly with advances in technology.
Due to a shrinking population in Japan and diminishing prospects for major projects in their home market, local construction companies are increasingly looking abroad. In addition, the Japanese government gives very favorable loan terms to support infrastructure construction, especially in developing countries. Therefore, Japan's general contractors have been active abroad for a long time, for example in many projects of the Asian Development Bank or many public projects in Asian countries. For German construction suppliers, business in third markets can be interesting, for which good contacts to Japanese construction companies help.This post belongs to:
- What are the characteristics of qualitative data
- How are bicycle companies entrepreneurial
- What do you know about Albania
- Can you spot a sociopath
- What is Atbrox
- Where is the deepest concert
- How long should user interviews last
- Can a mechanical freshener start a business
- Can a vegan lasagna be delicious
- What is the function of a restriction enzyme
- What inspired Eminem's song Stan
- Makes Amazon a giveaway
- Who leads and manages the marketing for Nimble
- What are the hostel fees for MSRIT
- Whatever happened to Bruce Seldon
- Why are Monotreme unique mammals
- Tired of Feminism Why
- How do I blur OneClass documents
- Where's Dogecoin on CoinMarketCap
- What percentage of people stutter heavily?
- Are pub crawls popular in Germany
- Can I soundproof an apartment under 4000?
- What was your biggest career change?
- Sleeping cows lying down
- What are some symptoms of malnutrition
- Where can I find free HTML5 templates
- What is Ahrefs alternative
- Which carbon alcohol is more stable
- Why are cengage book concepts difficult
- Where can I get free altcoins
- Why do people drive so badly
- What is a casual Friday
- Does it actually work to be cryogenically frozen?
- How are Hungarians seen in Europe?