How was IMAP developed
POP, SMTP & IMAP - what exactly is behind it?
What is smtp
SMTP is the abbreviation for "Simple Mail Transfer Protocol" and does what its name suggests: it simply serves to send and forward e-mails. So while POP3 and IMAP work on the recipient side of the e-mail traffic, SMTP takes over the sending and forwarding of messages on the sender side.
How secure are POP, IMAP and SMTP?
SMTP and POP3 are pure text protocols. This means that the e-mail password and user name are transmitted in plain text before a secure connection is established. That is a high security risk. IMAP, on the other hand, has a function that enables the server to transmit authentication data only when a secure connection is guaranteed. Even in this case, the text content of the e-mail will still be transmitted in clear text. Only the SSL security certificate offers sufficient protection for your e-mail traffic. It encrypts both the text content and the supplied authentication data.
The POP3, IMAP and SMTP e-mail protocols ensure that you can send, receive and store e-mails. SMTP works as the sender protocol and enables you to send e-mails to the recipient via your mail server. There they are queried by POP3 and transmitted directly to the recipient's end device. As an extended query and transmission protocol, IMAP also offers you the option of permanently storing your e-mails on your mail server and thus being able to access them at any time and from multiple devices. However, since all three e-mail protocols are text-based, additional protection is advisable. With the SSL security certificate you ensure that your e-mails are always transmitted in encrypted form.
- What is a H2O word
- Still use a paper calendar
- How do ambulance flights work
- What is satellite internet
- How did the Great Awakening begin
- What is the biblical answer to slander
- Did Elvis Presley not like being alone
- What is soap for pimples
- Why do people drive so badly
- What do designers think of Android KitKat
- How can I deal with losing
- How do I understand Android programming
- Little girls should wear high heels
- What is the RAS process
- Is good for sacroiliac joint pain
- You can take meloxicam and tramadol together
- The subway runs 24 hours
- EXO writes her own songs
- Should I buy the RX 5700
- How many wives did Ravan have
- What is control surface in thermodynamics
- What does 3 7 4 equal
- Ableton is easier than FL Studio
- How does Latvia celebrate Christmas?