What is oxygen cycle
The transport of oxygen in the ecosystems takes place mainly with oxygen, which is bound in compounds such as carbon dioxide, water and carbohydrates.
In principle, oxygen plays a decisive role in all oxidation and reduction processes in all material cycles.
The oxygen cycle, as shown in the following scheme, consists mainly of O2-consuming and O2-generating processes:
- O2 is released molecularly in the atmosphere (by green plants) and in the hydrosphere (by algae) through photosynthesis.
- O2-Consumers are land (humans, animals) and aquatic organisms (phytoplankton)
- since the processes of photosynthesis take place the other way around in green plants at night, these also count to the O2- consumers
- Carbon monoxide (CO) released by volcanoes reacts with oxygen in the air to form carbon dioxide (CO2).
- Oxygen-forming and oxygen-consuming processes also take place in the ozone layer, an example of this are the reactions:
Ozone formation: O2 + Light energy -> O * + O * (radical formation)
O * + O2 -> O3
Oxygen formation: O3 + Light energy -> O2 + O *
Fig .: Schematic representation of the oxygen cycle
[Source: dtv-Atlas Ökologie, Deutscher Taschenbuch Verlag, 4th edition, 1998]
- Languages have to be capitalized
- Where can I see WrestleMania 33
- Bitcoin needs a killer app at all
- Is Joe Biden ready to be President?
- My shy boy gushes like me
- Why does giving feel so good?
- How many volts correspond to 1 kilowatt
- What is your favorite AI performance
- Are you afraid of facial recognition technology?
- GPU fans run all the time
- What is good for pain
- I have a depression disorder
- What is the importance of natural gas
- Have you ever taken caffeine pills?
- Which are drugs that are used to induce lactation
- How do I stop caring about women
- Writers must be read well
- What is the best selling motorcycle of all time
- Why is gas cylinder easy to transport
- What's your recipe for keto
- What should be the purpose of engineering
- What is PPC in SEO
- What is the meanest natural animal