What is VSPEX
EMC introduces new VSPEX Proven Infrastructure
With the VSPEX reference architecture, EMC offers a combination of its own storage and backup technologies with virtualization, server and network solutions from its partners Brocade, Cisco, Citrix, Intel, Microsoft and VMware. VSPEX has so far been based on 14 output configurations that customers often use as the basis for cloud computing.
In the second generation of VSPEX, which has now been presented, EMC is expanding its range to 18 configurations. This includes, for example, a solution for companies that rely on Microsoft's hypervisor. This VSPEX "end-user computing solution" supports Hyper-V and Citrix XenDesktop 7. As a decisive innovation, the new VSPEX generation with 1000 VMs supports twice the number of virtual machines for the same price as stated by EMC. The new complete solutions also rely on EMC's new VNX storage systems.
A new configuration of VSPEX for the private cloud is expected to be available at the end of September at the same time as the introduction of VMware vSphere 5.5. As EMC states, VSPEX for virtualized Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and VSPEX for virtualized Oracle 11g databases have also been adapted to current standards. Additional VSPEX updates for virtualized SharePoint 2013 environments and Exchange 2013 servers are expected to be available in the second half of 2013. EMC says all VSPEX solutions are flexible and scalable enough to handle both small databases and large enterprise workloads.
"With VSPEX, we are bringing a simple, efficient and flexible reference architecture solution to market that is already being used quickly by 3000 customers," said EMC's Jeremy Burton, Executive Vice President of Product Operations and Marketing, commenting on the new solutions. "The solutions presented today primarily offer our customers the opportunity to implement the latest best-of-breed cloud technology quickly and easily in order to accelerate the transformation process into the cloud."
EMC's VSPEX Proven Infrastructure with the new configuration options will be available in the second half of 2013. (cvi)
- What is your most reliable chess strategy
- What is the most German invention at all
- Why is the Vodafone network worse these days
- Let chatbots replace call centers
- What is the VAT in China
- Has anyone successfully removed SalePlus adware?
- What is it like to be drafted
- What is an endogeneity problem
- Which laptop should I buy for EEE
- What goes with a purple sweater
- How do hazelnuts taste
- How does paralysis with fear help survival?
- The American judiciary is politicized
- Is the Samsung Galaxy A20 waterproof
- What is a browser window
- Which Windows applications have nice user interfaces
- Who is currently operating cyberspace
- How differential delivers different speeds when turning
- Is there a company that marks people
- What are taser gloves
- Everyone who is rich is selfish
- What email do Twitter employees use
- Can I learn cinematography myself
- Veet really has your dark skin
- Why do only people marry
- Can masturbation increase my IQ
- Why did Mallinckrodt step down from PhRMA
- What is VHDL in Xilinx
- What are some good browser code editors
- Which country created the first plays
- Is limestone harder than concrete
- Which is not a symbol of peace
- Jungkook is the best member of BTS
- There is a free keyword research tool available