Walgreens has very good security
Biontech (NASDAQ: BNTX) (NYSE: Biontech) stocks have been among the big winners over the past twelve months. They rose by over 166%, while the broad German market in the form of the DAX index rose by just 3.6% (January 13, 2021).
The company succeeded in developing a very effective COVID-19 vaccine that is also well tolerated in record time. Incidentally, it bears the brand name Comirnaty.
1) New order by the European Union It goes without saying that shortly after the start of approval, not enough vaccine doses can be made available for all people at the same time. However, this problem will also be resolved in the course of 2021. The European Union (EU) has re-ordered up to 300 million vaccine doses from Biontech this year. Of these, around 75 million vaccine doses will be available in the second quarter of 2021.
Specifically, 200 million doses were purchased, with the option of a further 100 million vaccinations. Last year (2020) the EU already ordered 300 million vaccine doses from Biontech. By the end of 2021, this company alone will provide around 500 to 600 million vaccine doses for the EU. There are also deliveries from many other manufacturers, such as Moderna (NASDAQ: MRNA) (WKN: A2N9D9).
For Biontech, the re-order is positive, but even without it, the demand for Comirnaty currently still exceeds the supply. However, this situation could change in the future due to the large number of vaccines from other manufacturers.
2) Expansion of vaccine production In order to be able to produce as much of Biontech's vaccine as possible as quickly as possible, the American healthcare group Baxter International (NYSE: Baxter International) is expected to make parts of its plant in Halle, Westphalia, available from March 2021.
According to assumptions, vaccination quantities in the three-digit million range are to be produced here within 18 months. Biontech and Pfizer (NYSE: PFE) (NYSE: PFE) (NYSE: PFE) (NYSE: PFE) (NYSE: PFE) (NYSE: PFE) originally planned to produce 1.3 billion cans in 2021. In all likelihood, it will now be 2 billion doses.
As with development, politicians are also supporting the search for further vaccine production sites. It can therefore be assumed that even the currently forecast vaccination amount could be exceeded by the end of 2021.
3) Vaccine probably also works with new virus variants Many people are also concerned about whether Biontech's vaccine can protect against the mutated virus. It can be said that the virus is permanently mutating. It was found that it had already changed in March 2020 with the outbreak in Italy. With the new South African variant, it is even easier to transfer.
Biontech and Pfizer were able to demonstrate in the laboratory that their vaccine also builds up immunity against this new variant. The companies also assure that if there is another virus variant, an adapted vaccine can be developed quickly via their own mRNA platform.
4) Positive preclinical study results Biontech's COVID-19 vaccine development was more due to the high urgency. In its core business, the company researches vaccines against cancer and other serious diseases such as multiple sclerosis. A success has now been announced in a preclinical examination. The corresponding mRNA vaccine suppressed multiple sclerosis in mice. Detailed results were published in the journal "Science".
Biontech is working on this development with the biopharmaceutical research institute TRON - Translational Oncology at the University Medical Center of Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz.
The post 4 good news for the Biontech share appeared first on The Motley Fool Germany.
Christof Welzel has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool has no position in any of the stocks mentioned.
Motley Fool Germany 2021
- Which country has the longest postcodes
- Is depleted uranium safe
- You can visit the LHC at CERN
- What to do in Hokkaido
- What is a data plan
- What technology is behind Rypple com
- Like the countries
- How do I develop a razor sharp focus
- How to pronounce karaoke correctly
- Can your body fight off hepatitis C.
- How do you pronounce the name Aiden
- Which is better bioinformatics or biostatistics
- What are the features of GB WhatsApp
- In one piece, what is a wadatsumi
- Monkeys indians western culture
- Why is momentum important in physics
- Supports the Redmi 4A VoLTE
- Can Spider Man break his own webbing
- How can we measure phonons
- Soldiers joke about dead soldiers
- Are protein bars better than shakes
- Is the Turkish capital in Europe
- How did ancient Greek art begin
- Why is the capacitive reactance negative