Language qualifications guarantee fluent language skills
DELF and DALF
The DELF (Diplôme d'études de langue francaise) and that DALF (Diplôme approfondi de langue francaise) are internationally recognized certificates for French as a foreign language. They serve as official proof of French language skills when enrolling at a university or when applying for a job in France, Belgium, Canada and Switzerland.
The diplomas are issued by the French Ministry of Education, the "Ministère de l’Education Nationale" and consist of six completely independent units. These six units are based on the language level of the Common European Framework of Reference of the Council of Europe and the European language portfolio.
The levels of DELF and DALF
The DELF diploma is aimed primarily at pupils who want to prove their French language skills with an official certificate, as this is more meaningful and comparable than the grades of the schools in the various countries. There are five different types of exams:
- DELF Scolaire for secondary school students
- DELF / DALF Tout Public for adults and students
- DELF Junior for students whose school does not offer DELF exams
- DELF Prim for primary school students
- DELF Pro for people who need French in the professional world
Depending on the level, the examinations of the DELF diploma can be performed independently of one another and are not - as in the old procedure - based on one another.
DELF A1 - DELF B2
A1: The first level of competence tests whether the participant can understand the simplest situations and whether they have basic knowledge. (after one year of apprenticeship)
A2: The second level of competence checks elementary manners that ensure coping with everyday life (after two years of apprenticeship)
B1: Here the step away from the elementary to the independent use of language is taken. The main focus is on the flexible use of language in everyday situations. (after five years of apprenticeship)
B2: The fourth level of proficiency tests the independent use of language and requires coherent reasoning, linguistic fluency and a pronounced language awareness. (upper secondary school)
DALF: DELF C1 - DELF C2
C1 and C2: The two highest levels approach the language skills of a French-speaking native speaker (upper secondary school level / bilingual students). These advanced language certificates are also called DALF designated.
Each examination contains a written and an oral part. The written includes that Listening comprehension (compréhension orale), the Text comprehension (compréhension écrite) as well as the written expression (production orale). The oral part tests the oral expression (production orale). Depending on the level, the examination tasks are structured differently and of different lengths. The demands on the participant increase with the level, and the topics of the exam also vary within the individual levels. A minimum of 5 points and a total of at least 50 of a maximum of 100 points must be achieved in each part of the examination.
Where can an exam for DELF and DALF be taken and what does it cost?
The DELF junior exams take place in schools, most of the time students are registered by the school directly for the exams. Registration for all other participants runs through one of the 900 test centers worldwide, including many language schools, so that the certificate can also be acquired on a language trip. For a DELF language certificate, the costs depending on the level to 18 to 50 euros, a DALF diploma costs 90 to 110 euros.
-> to the Exam courses
- How calculators calculate inverse trigonometric functions
- Do I have to believe in astrology
- What is the Tibetan government in exile
- Can I change subjects in grade 12?
- What back exercises has Mike Tyson done
- Why aren't more people doing estate planning
- Is it okay to be obsessed with yourself
- Are Santa Claus and the elves real?
- Why has common sense become rare
- Strongest Marvel characters
- Achieving dreams means everything
- What materials are soundproofed
- Has anyone ever looked up a tornado
- Who are the best app developers
- Which foods raise blood sugar levels?
- Is milk dissolved or solvent
- How many US states have you visited
- How can i root Xiaomi Mi 5
- Can Scrum and project management live together
- What sets BlackPink apart from other bands
- How does a gay man's mind work
- What is the use of space heating
- Where can I contact Google directly
- How spontaneous are people in western countries
- All INFJ types are artists
- How do you ask BIG questions
- What is de anonymization
- How are detergents classified
- The tithing practice is divine
- What is the purpose of cloning people
- Should roof nails go through the sheathing
- China sailed around the world for the first time
- What's your favorite place in Provo
- Could speed up time and increase gravity