What is an ammeter reading
Voltage and current measurement
The quality class and other measurement errors
No measuring device shows the value to be measured with absolute accuracy. The construction of the instrument causes a display error. The manufacturer takes this into account by specifying a quality class. Further measurement inaccuracies are based on the personal reading error. The position of use of the instrument, the ambient temperature, the frequency range and external electromagnetic fields can cause further measurement inaccuracies.
The classification of the quality classes indicates the error value in percent based on the full scale. Industrial measuring devices have quality class 1 - 6 or 1.5 - 2.5 or 5 percent. For precision measuring devices, the values are 0.1 - 0.2 or 0.5 percent. This error value is constant over the entire range of the scale.
So that the device error cannot falsify the true measured value too much, the measurement should only be made in the upper 2/3 range of the scale. The diagram opposite shows the percentage error of the measured value depending on the scale range for a quality class of 5%. If 100 V are measured with this device at full scale, the true value can be between 95 ... 105 V. For the 50 V display, the inaccuracy of ± 5 V continues to apply. In relation to the measured value, however, this is an error of 10%. A measured value of 10 V then has an inaccuracy of 50%, which is no longer tolerable.
For more precise measurements in the upper range of the scale, the measuring device must be switched to an optimal measuring range.
Personal reading errors remain small if you align your eyes perpendicular to the pointer. If the scale is stored in a mirror, the pointer must be congruent with its mirror image. All other reading positions deliver readings that are too high or too low because of parallax, the shift on the line of the eye-pointer-scale.
- Really hard work to learn
- What makes Italians like mortadella so much
- What is transferable knowledge
- Why do Irish people have a southern European temperament
- Which LinkedIn app should I download?
- What is a diploma course in India
- Which Apple PC is the best
- What is the square root of 4554
- How does depression affect human survival?
- What is technophobia
- A jaguar would eat a leopard
- How does John Mayer know Elon Musk
- Who Are The Best Neuro Marketing Firms
- What are the typical Indonesian greetings
- What are the benefits of the Facebook marketplace
- What should your first résumé be like?
- What is the most technical thing at all
- Is exercise good for people with arthritis?
- What is the best crossover utility vehicle
- Likes Elon Musk Grimes music
- What calculations do opticians have to make
- Everyone in Israel is religious
- Can I buy a used Duke 200
- Is it okay to give melatonin to children?