How does WiFi improve GPS location
Activate or deactivate GPS - this is how it works with iPhone and Android
The location of your mobile phone is determined via the GPS function. This is necessary, for example, to use a navigation app. For this to work, you have to activate the GPS function.
The permanent determination of the location drains the battery life. If you do not want to tell the mobile phone and apps where you are at the moment, simply switch off GPS.
Android: Switch GPS on and off
To switch GPS, short for "Global Positioning System" on Android, on and off, proceed as follows:
- The quickest way to access the function is via the quick start bar. Swipe down from the top of the home screen.
- Scroll to the right in the quick start icons until you find the Push pin icon find.
- Tap the icon to enable or disable GPS.
- If you hold your finger on the symbol longer, you can make additional settings. This is how you specify for individual apps whether they are allowed to access the location or not.
If the location symbol is not in the quick start bar, you can find the setting as follows:
- Open the Settings app.
- Control the section Biometric data and security at.
- Scroll down to the section privacy.
- Tap the entry Locationto switch the location determination on or off.
In the app list you can see which apps last requested your location. If you call up the options for an app, you switch under Permissions the query for individual applications.
To improve the accuracy, activate the in the corresponding menu WiFi scan and the Bluetooth scanning. In addition to GPS, the cell phone also uses wireless networks for location. This also works when WLAN and Bluetooth are switched off on the device.
This is how it works with the iPhone
The iPhone also accesses your location. How to find the GPS option on iOS:
- Go to the Settings app.
- Control the section privacy at.
- You can find them here Location servicee. If you slide the slider to the left, GPS is deactivated on the iPhone.
The GPS function is permanently available in the background when the relevant apps are not open at all. If you do not need the function, simply switch off the location determination to save battery and prevent apps from knowing where you are. However, if the location function is switched off, your mobile phone can no longer be located if it is lost or stolen.
Location inaccurate? Calibrate GPS
Sometimes the GPS function shows incorrect data. For example, the wrong direction of movement is displayed in Google Maps. If so, you need to calibrate the GPS. It works like this on iPhone and Android in Google Maps:
- Open Google Maps.
- Stand in a place with enough freedom of movement.
- Press the blue point. This shows your location.
- In the new window you choose the option Calibrate compass.
- Take your cell phone firmly in your hand and drive the device several times a figure eight. The exact sequence of movements is displayed on the screen.
- Now the mobile phone should show the correct location and the correct direction of movement again.
On the iPhone, you can also find the function in the compass app.
The GPS function on Android and iPhone is important in these cases, for example:
- What is transferable knowledge
- Is bird watching an expensive hobby
- Is whitepages legal
- Whose gas is Costco selling
- What is special pigment coloring
- Why is it called as a blue brain
- What kind is this bird 3
- Why are love songs so damn edgy
- It doesn't matter what roaming is
- What are the best jobs in retail
- What about number 13
- Why do we have false memories
- DNA proves or disproves God
- Is factory farming or hunting more humane
- What is the moon made of?
- Can thrust vector overtake a missile
- What are the basics of math
- Why don't we have autonomous cars yet?
- Why do programmers hate Windows
- Who heals all criminals
- What is HCL Onsite Salary in the US
- Where can I get previous receipts?
- What is your father to you
- Should I switch from iOS to Android?