Who is the Vice President
What does a US Vice President do?
Deputy President of the United States
The vice president of the United States is the vice president of the incumbent president. If he can no longer exercise his office for whatever reason, resigns or is removed from office, the vice-president must step in and take over the business of government. For safety reasons, the President and Vice President traditionally fly in different aircraft or helicopters. This ensures that in the event of an accident, both are not affected.
The vice-president can also succeed the incumbent president. Lyndon B. Johnson, for example, was sworn in as president in 1963 after John F. Kennedy was assassinated. And just a year later, he won the presidential election that followed.
Vice President is Chairman of the US Senate
Of course, a vice president wouldn't be busy if he just sat around waiting to step in if the worst comes to the worst. That is why he has other tasks. He or she chairs the Senate, for example, and can tip the scales there when making a decision. If a vote in the Senate ends in a draw, i.e. with a 50:50 ratio of votes, the vote of the Vice President decides in the end.
Representative duties and special tasks
The vice president also has a special role to play in the transition from one US president to the next. He chairs the session of Congress at which the votes in the election are reviewed and counted. That always happens at the beginning of January, around two weeks before the so-called inauguration on January 20th.
Otherwise, the deputies also have many representative duties, make state visits for which the president has no time, or are assigned special tasks in a crisis situation. For example, Donald Trump's Vice President Mike Pence was the head of the Corona Task Force. So: Vice-presidents are by no means just substitute presidents who step in in an emergency; they already have a lot to do.
The text and audio of this post are licensed under the CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 Creative Commons license.
- Broadcast on
- What is the symptom of diabetes
- Elderly people should use salt
- What is an organic remedy for a sore throat
- What is the main olfactory system
- Free always means free
- What is the biblical answer to slander
- How does tension affect our body?
- How to clear notifications on LinkedIn
- How can I create Ethereum tokens
- It takes effort to gain wisdom
- Which rocks are products of volcanic eruptions
- Jokes aside, Trump is a Russian agent
- Buckles a beam
- Where do the biggest frogs live
- Which songs get stuck in your head
- Why do pianists turn while playing
- What is pidof in Linux
- How much money does ISIS have
- What is your laziest moment
- What is a graphics card 3
- What is drought and its effects
- Why do we still use shoelaces
- Contain vacuum cleaner temperature
- How do I run BlueStacks in Ubuntu