Why was the Doolittle Raid revenge
The US pilot Jack (Emile Hirsch) is one of the participants in the so-called "Doolittle Raid", an Air Force mission that set out for Tokyo in 1942 at great risk to drop bombs in retaliation for the attack on Pearl Harbor. The participants did not return, but had to make an emergency landing in Japanese-occupied China.
Jack finds shelter with the young widow Ying (Liu Yifei from Mulan) and their little daughter Nunu. They take a great risk because a Japanese officer has his eye on Ying. But Jack also develops feelings for the young Chinese woman ...
At the end of the film, a text panel informs you that of the 64 US soldiers stranded in China the Doolittle Mission 56 were rescued and brought to safety by the Chinese. In retaliation, the Japanese killed approximately 250,000 Chinese civilians.
The Chinese production was directed by the Dane Bille August (The haunted house, Miss Smilla's flair for snow), which, with its careful, but also somewhat sluggish, staging prevents The Hidden Soldierthat is under the title The Chinese Widow ran in US cinemas, became crude anti-Japanese propaganda.
It takes a bit of getting used to, but it is useful that in the German version the US soldiers speak English and the Chinese speak German. In addition to the 97-minute main film, the Blu-ray from Koch Media also contains an interview with Emile Hirsch conducted by Chinese journalists (10:40 min) and a short picture gallery (1:43 min).
Order "The Hidden Soldier" as a DVD from AMAZON, click here
Order "The Hidden Soldier" as a Blu-ray from AMAZON, click here
Buy "The Hidden Soldier" on ebay, click here
- What fur animals are popular
- What can I wear in college orientation
- What is microbial bio-terrorism
- Who first introduced the concept of IQ?
- Which universities are offered by UPTU
- Is 0 0 0 0 or 0
- How many countries adopt Hinduism
- What is a pipe clamp
- Which products use bamboo and why
- What were the grades of Bill Gates at Harvard
- Why are TED talks considered midbrow
- What is Ignatian Spirituality
- Is Eca de Queiros known outside of Portugal
- What are the Best SaaS Facebook Pages
- Why do living organisms die
- Why was libgen not switched off
- How did you overcome so much
- Why is my blonde hair turning brown?
- How can i get a video
- What are the timeless practices of diplomacy
- Which devices are using Android
- Can a federal employee own a business
- What careers in marketing communication
- Which Medicare plan includes dental and visual assets