Which foods raise blood sugar levels?
The food traffic light
A balanced diet contributes to a healthy lifestyle and can improve well-being in the long term. A nutrient-rich supply of food supports the immune system and can help maintain vitality and prevent disease. Diet is particularly important for diabetics, because with the right and, above all, healthy diet you can help your body achieve better blood sugar levels in the long term. You also have the option of catching blood sugar peaks after eating. The selection of products largely follows the rules of a healthy diet without diabetes.
But which products should you consume in order to achieve a healthy diet suitable for diabetes?
The choice and the right amount of products depends on various factors. Your own energy requirements, age and gender are decisive. So you generally have a higher energy requirement if you do a lot of sport and a lower energy consumption if you mainly sit or stand. The following applies: Fresh fruit, vegetables and salads, legumes, whole grain products, rice, pasta or low-fat dairy products the basics of proper nutrition. But why?
Vegetables, legumes & potatoes
There are generally no restrictions on the consumption of vegetables, as vegetables and salads do not contain any significant amount of sugar. Legumes and potatoes are high in starch, water, and fiber. As a result, the blood sugar rises only slowly.
Fruit & fruits
Fruits and fruits contain a lot of fructose and thus raise the blood sugar level. At the same time, they contain a lot of fiber, which in turn slows down the rise in blood sugar. With fruits and fruits, you should make sure to distribute several small servings over the day to keep the blood sugar rise flatter.
Grain & Grain Products
Grain products should be part of your diet every day. It should be noted in particular that whole grain cereal products fill you up for a long time. They contain complex carbohydrates (starches), so the high amount of fiber reduces the rise in blood sugar.
- Why is silence more painful than death
- What is forbidden in art
- How do I grow in digital marketing
- Where can I find good island food
- Is there a campus interview without aptitude
- How did Muhammad bin Qasim die
- Which other words correspond to 100
- How long do extraterrestrial civilizations last
- Is the adhesion good
- Why everything is so expensive in India
- Why are online personalized ads so primitive
- What and where is the universe
- The crypto currency becomes mainstream
- How should I start learning Openstack
- Is Due Recorder safe
- Should I bring a car to the UCSB
- Is the deportation effective?
- Is Kim Kardashian married now
- How bad is carbonated water
- Which back exercises build the back best
- How can I perform basic card tricks
- Is Mysore an overrated city
- How tough are the people in NYC
- You are allowed to play deer with girls