Are there ribosomes in the chloroplast?
Individual chloroplasts are about 5-6 µm (micrometers) long. Like the mitochondria and the cell nucleus, chloroplasts are also enclosed by two semi-permeable cell membranes, which enables the release and absorption of substances (e.g. water). This double membrane can be explained by the so-called endosymbiont hypothesis, which represents the current state of research on the origin of eukaryotes. According to this, chloroplasts were created by the immigration of cyanobacteria into the precursors of plant cells. Means that chloroplasts were once autonomous, photosynthesis-inducing bacteria and that they were taken up by the progenitor cells of plants during phylogenesis, e.g. through phagocytosis.
The intermembrane space is located between the two membranes. The inner membrane of the chloroplasts is turned inside out and forms the thylakoids. The thylakoids form stacks called grana; this is where the light reaction that is decisive for photosynthesis takes place. Inside the chloroplast is the stroma, the cytosol of the chloroplast. The stroma also contains the DNA and ribosomes of the chloroplasts. Just like the mitochondria, the chloroplasts also have their own (circular) DNA. Chloroplasts replicate independently of the cell cycle of the rest of the cell and thus represent an autonomous organelle. All these facts are further arguments for the endosymbiotic theory.
- Can become a CA millionaire
- What is the most popular wine
- Why does the moon need a cell service
- Which is more simply CS or IT
- Budgies have a good long-term memory
- Which breed of chicken lays brown speckle eggs
- How does Memcached compare to CDNs
- When would you use the AHB protocol?
- The best Hawkwind song is Lost Johnny
- Is Kundali Matching important for marriage?
- When should I get a dental bridge?
- Which devil fruit type is the best
- Find a condom
- What the future library will look like
- Who are the most famous Russian philosophers
- How can universities increase diversity without discriminating?
- What is the first musical instrument
- What is your rating of Sephora India
- How are Osiris and Anubis related?
- How does road traffic work in real time?
- Disappearance of smartphones
- How did you get into physiology
- Who is the most learned entertainer
- Which functions is missing from the OLX app