Can I use a magnifying glass for VR?
Virtual Reality in Medicine - New Opportunities in Healthcare
Virtual realities also offer a wide range of possible uses when treating patients. The properties of virtual reality are particularly suitable for the treatment of phobias, an area in which a breakthrough has already been achieved. Because in the virtual world the patient can face his fears without danger. He can learn to control his emotions and reactions and to cope with fear.
An example of this is the United States' Virtual Reality Medical Center, which specializes in treating phobias using VR technology. Here phobias such as fear of flying, fear of heights, claustrophobia, arachnophobia, panic disorders or post-traumatic stress disorders are treated with virtual reality. In the virtual worlds, patients learn to control their fear. The treatment is carried out in stages. In this way, the patient is slowly and gradually introduced to his fear in the virtual world. The VR excels in the treatment of phobias because it can be individually tailored to the needs and progress of each individual patient.
Virtual therapies against phobias are also being researched in London. The King’s College Institute of Psychiatry deals with paranoia therapy, among other things. Here the patients go to a virtual bar where they have to interact with avatars. The avatars are deliberately displayed artificially, but the psychologists use them to communicate with their patients. In the background, other bar visitors are talking about you or making fun of the patient. The aim is to prepare the patient for real situations and to cope with their social fears.
- Panophobia is the fear of what
- When did content marketing become a thing?
- What is the Global Pharmacogenetic Market
- What is the biggest myth about women
- Will the Nintendo Switch become virtual reality
- To what extent does ignorance liberate wrongdoing
- Where is Delphi used in industry?
- Why does the Secret Service wear suits?
- Can pigs count
- Why is coffee being researched in different countries
- Why is Cu2 colored
- Should entrepreneurs keep a diary
- Did the prophet Mohammed kill his pagan parents
- How did Logan Paul screw it up
- Why are most Indian Americans alone
- What kind of motorsports do Finnish drivers have
- How do I use FaceApp easily
- How many people use Gmail with SSL
- Donald Trumps is secretly a dog
- Why is Google Analytics not integrated with Ajax
- Bridge client and server for chat applications
- How can I get superior hearing protection
- What is a starting point for negotiations
- The oceans are gradually getting salty