Addicts ever get better
Breakup because of drugs - partner is addicted to drugs
Those who use drugs usually have problems in life that cannot be overcome. Addiction is a way out to let these difficulties fall into oblivion for at least a few hours. The problems can be very different. While some addicts want to forget events from childhood, such as a violent home, others calm themselves down with substances in order to be able to withstand stressful work better. It shouldn't be unusual for people with stressful jobs to take drugs again and again in order to improve or at least maintain their performance.
But even if the problems may be different in adulthood, the causes are largely anchored in childhood. People with a tendency to addictions have usually not developed any strategies to endure unpleasant situations or to deal with them productively. That is in the technical jargon "coping“Named. Children who have developed good coping strategies and can deal with challenges well develop a so-called resilience, i.e. a resistance to addictions. Conversely, people with a predisposition to consumption and addiction usually have less good problem-solving strategies and are more likely to be tempted when, for example, drugs are offered to friends for the first time. While it usually sticks to a few attempts, others find that consumption can avoid certain unpleasant feelings in the here and now.
Repeated use of addictive substances over time restructures areas in the brain that cause the reward center to be activated when drugs are consumed. The brain saves the drug consumption as a positive event, which helps to relieve unpleasant situations and tensions. Depending on the drug, other areas in the brain and body are activated and changed, which ultimately leads to physical dependence.
The good news is that resilience can be increased through lifestyle changes, meditation, and mindfulness with yourself and others. Above all, this can prevent relapses. Psychotherapy can also help here.
- What does CMMC mean for defense companies
- What is 36 2 20 30
- Why do I not find pleasure after masturbating?
- How many Hz should I hear
- Are Cola and Pepsi the same
- How did Facebook come about?
- Has anyone tried online tracking systems before?
- How can I search for a dissertation topic
- Isotretinoin will damage body growth
- What should replace object-oriented programming
- What is a free verse in poetry
- Puerto Ricans are multiracial
- What is a dedication in a book
- Where did country music start?
- Fighting insects
- What is the Tibetan government in exile
- Which oil is in the oil change
- What is the game of cricket
- Why do people start to change over time?
- What does I2s stand for
- What's your old favorite Hollywood movie
- Has the Himalayas protected India from the Chinese invasion
- How many people use hashtags on Twitter
- Which country is hiring more nurses