Dogs recognize good music
LexiTV | 03/15/2017 | 3 p.m. Study confirms: your dog understands you - really
We are seen through
The hardest part for the researchers from the Eötvös Loránd University in Budapest was convincing the dogs to sit or lie down in the magnetic resonance tomograph. Because this thing is 100 percent tech and pretty loud. With a lot of persuasion and pats, the scientists made it and were rewarded with new findings. Because the MRI images showed: Dogs process the words in the left hemisphere and the tone of voice in the right. It only makes sense when they bring the two together. It is the same with us humans. In other words: a whispered "stupid dog" does not come across as praise for four-legged friends.
This is what the researchers did
While the dogs were in the MRI, the dog trainer spoke to them. The animals heard
words of praise with praising intonation,
words of praise with neutral intonation,
neutral words with praising intonation,
according to behavioral scientist Anna Gábor. Then the researchers checked how the hemispheres of the brain process what was said. Example: Neutral (meaningless) words in a laudatory tone. The dogs apparently realized that the talk doesn't make sense. The left hemisphere remained largely inactive.
Reward center is activated
It is not new that dogs understand words. So far, however, the connection between language and tone of voice has not been directly proven. British researchers at the University of Sussex carried out a similar experiment in 2014 - but without an MRI. They drew their conclusions from the direction in which the dogs turned their heads. They came to very similar results. The Hungarian researchers have now confirmed this in the study published in the journal “Science”. Now we know. The reward center is only activated in dogs when the words and tone of voice are praiseworthy.
- Why do metals always form positive ions
- How is freedom possible 1
- Why do you sleep so hard when you are tired
- How does a repeating crossbow work
- Where can the biomedical engineer work
- Which smartphone is the easiest to root?
- How do you harmonize a melody
- How does Patrice Motsepe influence youth
- What are the chemical properties of digoxin
- Where's Dogecoin on CoinMarketCap
- Manny Pacquiao is about to retire
- Do we have shelter for the homeless in Hyderabad?
- What are good alternatives to DocuWare?
- How should eggs be stored
- Who is the best mentor options
- What are some causal reasoning ideas
- What is the domain of a quadratic function
- Who is currently operating cyberspace
- What are some strange historical books
- What is the Shiv Sena Effect
- Is the identity matrix an elementary matrix
- Practicing the piano will get easier over time
- Which off-page activities are effective
- What are some of an actor's responsibilities
- How can I learn grit
- What's the best flowchart you've ever seen
- Can a musician become popular in India?
- How do narks feel after they have been released?
- What font style is Tahoma
- Who is your favorite character in Undertale
- What are the criticisms of MapReduce
- What should I post on Github
- Can someone share his journey of success
- Is a circular motion a periodic motion