What is BC powder made of
What is the content of a fire extinguisher?
Fire class and content
In addition to a propellant, a fire extinguisher (€ 40.99 on Amazon *) of course always contains an extinguishing agent. This extinguishing agent differs depending on the purpose. Therefore, the fire class should be carefully considered, especially for private households.
Pay attention to the fat fires
For example, fire class F, i.e. burning fat or cooking oil, must never be extinguished with water. In the kitchen area, therefore, only a special fat fire extinguisher should be installed. Neither the ABC powder extinguisher nor a foam extinguisher may be used for this purpose.
Fire class from A to F
- Class A - solid substances - foam, ABC powder or fire blanket
- Class B - liquids or substances becoming liquid - foam, ABC powder and BC powder
- Class C - gaseous substances - ABC powder, BC powder
- Class D - metal - dry sand, D powder, metal fire powder, or dry cement
- Class F - fat - fat fire extinguisher, fire blanket, special suitable extinguishing spray
Separation of content and propellant
Depending on what type of fire extinguisher it is, the content, i.e. the extinguishing agent, is either stored separately from the propellant gas or is mixed with one another from the start. If the propellant is stored separately in the container, then an additional container is required to store the propellant gas in the fire extinguisher.
Charging extinguisher or permanent pressure extinguisher
The extinguishing agent and propellant gas are stored mixed in the permanent pressure extinguisher. This places higher demands on the strength of the housing. But it is also lighter and easier to handle in a private setting.
In principle, the contents of a charge extinguisher are the same. However, they only flow into each other when the trigger is actuated. This means that this fire extinguisher needs a little time to be operational.
* Affiliate link to AmazonHome »Living» Fire protection »Fire extinguishers
- Can I sue Groenland for false advertising?
- Can you live without junk food
- Which country owns Zanzibar
- What is the application form
- What is Adam Smith's impartial viewer
- Is whitepages legal
- What are market rents for cell towers
- When did Dean Ambrose join WWE?
- Where can I find free astronomical data
- How do you look it up online
- How fast does a ball python grow
- Can I get money within 2 days
- Why is Southern Comfort freezing
- Which is harder CFA or FRM
- What is the full form of CLASS
- How do I edit 1
- Russian blue cats are domestic cats
- How do intelligent people remember information?
- How do you become CEO 1
- What are the advantages of the convincing technology
- What is ICR
- How do I buy online coursework aid
- How effective is ampicillin in treating allergies