Which Beatles song sold the most records?
It has long been known that record companies hardly make any money with CDs and that the profits of bygone times can hardly be offset with streams. In the past ten years, however, the record has risen like a phoenix from the ashes, and is now enjoying great popularity again as a medium and has been showing a splendid, positive sales curve for some time. In other words: vinyl is a billion dollar business again.
The brilliant sales are mainly made with the masterpieces of the past. This emerges from a report by the US statistics company Nielsen.
Accordingly, “Abbey Road” by the Beatles is the most successful record in the last ten years - and by an unbelievable distance. 558,000 units of the Schwanengesang of the Fab Four were sold. That is almost 200,000 more than the second-placed LP, Pink Floyd's "Dark Side Of The Moon" (376,000 units sold).🛒 Buy “Abbey Road” on Amazon.de
Just after Pink Floyd, however, the soundtrack of “Guardians Of The Galaxy” from 2014 follows, as a statistical outlier against the trend, with sold 367,000 units.
In the top 10, only one other long player from the last ten years made it into this list of the best: Lana Del Rey's “Born To Die” (10th place, 283,000 units sold).
Vinyl - Top 10 in 2019: Queen represented twice
Incidentally, with 246,000 copies sold, “Abbey Road” was the best-selling vinyl of the past year, also because it was released as a reissue, supported by an extensive media campaign. Also among the ten best-selling albums on record is Billie Eilish's debut "When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?" (176,000 units sold). Queen got two places in the top list - with “Greatest Hits I” (139,000) and the score for “Bohemian Rhapsody” (108,000). Curious: Five years after its release, “Guardians of the Galaxy Awesome Mix Vol. 1” still made it into the top 10 most successful vinyl LPs of 2019 (123,000).
Overall, vinyl album sales rose 14.5 percent from 2018 to 18.8 million copies. Of this, however, only 33 percent came from new publications, while the remaining two-thirds of sales were from archive catalog publications.
The 10 most successful vinyl albums of the decade
- 01. The Beatles - Abbey Road (558,000)
- 02. Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon (376.00)
- 03. Guardians of the Galaxy Awesome Mix Vol. 1 (367,000)
- 04.Bob Marley & The Wailers - Legend (364,000)
- 05. Amy Winehouse - Back to Black (351,000)
- 06. Michael Jackson - Thriller (334,000)
- 07. The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band (313,000)
- 08. Fleetwood Mac - Rumors (304,000)
- 09. Miles Davis - Kind of Blue (286,000)
- 10. Lana Del Rey - Born To Die (283,000)
The ten most successful vinyl albums of 2019
- 01. The Beatles - Abbey Road (246,000)
- 02.Billie Eilish - When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? (176,000)
- 03. Queen - Greatest Hits 1 (139,000)
- 04. Guardians of the Galaxy Awesome Mix Vol. 1 (123,000)
- 05. Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody (Original Soundtrack) (108,000)
- 06. The Beach Boys - Sounds of Summer: Very Best Of (107,000)
- 07. Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon (92,000)
- 08. Michael Jackson - Thriller (88,000)
- 09.Bob Marley & The Wailers - Legend (84,000)
- 10. Fleetwood Mac - Rumors (78,000)
- Is it possible to enjoy pain?
- How do you talk to someone why
- Removes fingerprints while playing the guitar
- What causes rabbits to be albino
- Which company is older Netflix or Google
- People still die of tuberculosis
- What are some inexpensive social hobbies
- Have you already started your Christmas shopping?
- How do I prepare for the KAS exam
- What is mixed oxide
- What for is the Russian word next to it
- What are some weird shaped beds
- Cooking cruise ships with propane
- What is the principle of a generator
- What does someone heads up mean
- Can you remove histamines from wine?
- Which pickup lasts the longest
- How can I check my OBC rank
- Is Jammu good
- Predicted Nostradamus Trump
- Why are so many centenarians blind
- Which company is better Deloitte or Synechron
- What is the best android graphics library
- What are the three periodicities of Milankovitch
- Were you afraid to start therapy?
- What about the MARCOS command
- Finished bleaching manga
- Are miracles, of course
- Who is the developer of Magisk
- Why are domesticated animals small in size
- What are common institutional discretionary macro strategies
- How useful are photo albums
- How is GNDU for physics
- Which Medicare plan includes dental and visual assets