Why is the golden ratio aesthetically pleasing
The Golden cut
Things of everyday life are found in a balanced ratio of length to width. The application of the so-called "golden section" is one way of determining aesthetically pleasing proportions. For this purpose, the side lengths of an object to be processed are brought into a ratio of 1: 1.618.
A little excursion into history:
The temples on the Acropolis were built according to this ratio and Leonardo da Vinci wrote a work in 1509 about the "divine proportions". The ratio of 1: 1.618 can be proven again and again.
The more proportions in a person's face to each other in the golden ratio, the more aesthetically pleasing this face is for the viewer. The face gives our counterpart the first impressions. How does sympathy with a stranger develop? The common opinion on this is: through eye contact. But that's not true! The eyes alone cannot be viewed in isolation.
So the impression is the whole face with its proportions. It is subconsciously about the relationship between eyes and mouth, nose and lower face, upper lip and lower lip, etc. The teeth show up when you first smile.
And here the first impression can be seriously disturbed by an incorrectly proportioned anterior tooth restoration.
When you look at pictures of models, you will be amazed at what the golden ratio is: eye width to mouth width, upper lip to lower lip, the width of the nose to the width of the mouth, etc.
- How similar are humans and chimpanzees
- Why we are so curious about curiosity
- Which document officially ended the First World War?
- After death, the soul Atma exists
- What is Russia's GDP in 2019
- Am I pretty sweet average or below
- Did ancient China really subjugate its women
- How do I find a lost dog
- What is the alternative to oil
- How much want counts as greed
- Which words are profound why
- Can you tune a carillon
- What was Chuck Taylor best known for
- Will Waze ever use OpenStreetMap data?
- How can I stop bladder infections
- Is there a CNG station in Ambala
- Are suicidal thoughts addicting
- What's your worst lactose intolerance experience
- Scientists have already found soul
- How is Hawaiian BBQ made
- How do I stop anxious dreams
- Where can the biomedical engineer work
- What are stone pitch constructions
- Is Thailand safe for a honeymoon