Is cannabis somehow linked to schizophrenia
Psychiatrists and psychotherapists basically differentiate between two different types of psychosis: exogenous and endogenous psychosis. The division is based on what the trigger for the psychosis is.
Endogenous psychosis means that doctors cannot determine a clear physical cause. It is also called primary psychosis or inorganic psychosis.
The most common form the endogenous psychosis is the schizophrenia (schizophrenic psychosis). It is mainly characterized by formal and substantive thought disorders. Perception disorders also often occur in those affected. On average, around two to three in 1,000 people in Germany suffer from schizophrenia.
There are also numerous other endogenous types of psychosis:
- Schizoaffective psychosis: Behind this is a psychosis in which schizophrenic symptoms such as delusions or hallucinations mix with manic or depressive symptoms.
- Paranoid psychosis: Paranoid symptoms, such as fear of persecution, can occur in various mental disorders, such as schizophrenia or borderline disorder. However, there is also an independent diagnosis of "paranoid personality disorder".
- Polymorphic psychotic disorder: Delusions, hallucinations and perceptual disorders can change within days or even hours.
- Postpartum psychosis(also postpartum psychosis or postpartum psychosis): By this, doctors understand a psychosis that occurs within four weeks of the birth.
- Psychotic depression: Behind this is a depression that is associated with psychotic symptoms.
Mental disorders in which mainly the emotional state or mood are disturbed were previously described as affective psychoses. Today this category is called “mood disorders”.
An exogenous psychosis arises from physical causes, for example a disease of organs or the brain. Medicines or drugs (drug psychosis, drug-induced psychosis) can also trigger an exogenous psychosis. This form is also called secondary psychosis or organic psychosis.
The following diseases can be associated with psychosis:
- neurodegenerative diseases such as dementia (e.g. Alzheimer's disease), paralysis (Parkinson's disease) or multiple sclerosis.
- Traumatic brain injury
- Brain tumors
- Metabolic disorders
- Infectious diseases
Ultimately, exogenous psychosis can also be traced back to the consumption of drugs such as alcohol, cannabis or LSD. In the case of severe drug addiction, it can even result from withdrawal. The use of some medications is also associated with psychosis.
- How I can make 20,000 every month
- Russia will completely replace Soyuz with the Federation
- Do I need an Instagram business page
- Should I chase her or her
- Are there still Mayans
- What does Yang and Yin Karama mean
- What about C 1
- What are the 5 best underwear
- Electricity can be transmitted via WLAN
- How is the Clinton Foundation financed
- What are some soothing slow rock songs
- For how much was Rypple acquired
- How do I deal with waste
- Can I use Illustrator CC on Linux?
- Why is slavery dangerous?
- Are there reasons to use errors?
- Which is your favorite imported car
- When will real estate commissions be reformed
- What is the full form of MPATGM
- What are the benefits of online surveys
- Really grow India like
- Why did Alien Covenant fail
- What is a supercomputer made of?
- What do mathematicians hate most?
- Who invented Facebook 1
- How long should I soak sea moss?
- Is Ajit Doval India's greatest spy
- How is composting useful for plants?
- What is Wikipedia's annual budget
- How far is Canada free of nuclear weapons?
- What calculations do opticians have to make
- Choji dies
- How reliable is the Tesla Model 3
- Isn't happiness real?