What is cardinality
Part of speech: noun, (Female)Hyphenation:
- Kar | di | na | li | ity, Plural: Card | di | na | li | act | ten
- IPA: [ˌkaʁdinaliˈtɛːt]
- 1) mathematicsNumber of elements in a set; Mightiness
- 2) Quantity of relationship types
- Derivation (suffixation) from the adjectivecardinal with the derivative (derivative morpheme) -ity
- 1) power
- 1) "M = ∞. M denotes the thickness (Cardinality) of M, but ∞ is not a cardinal number. "
- 2) “The Cardinality a relationship denotes the number of rows in a subordinate table that relate to a single row in a superordinate table. "
- Nominative: singular Cardinality; Plural Cardinalities
- Genitive: singular Cardinality; Plural Cardinalities
- Dative: singular Cardinality; Plural Cardinalities
- Accusative: singular Cardinality; Plural Cardinalities
Practical example sentences
Automatically selected examples in German:
„Georg Cantor proved with his diagonalization method that the set of rational numbers is the same Cardinality like the set of natural numbers possesses.“
Tatoeba.org set example 8210768
„With his second diagonal argument Georg Cantor proved that the set of real numbers is a really larger one Cardinality than the set of natural numbers.“
Tatoeba.org set example 8210769
„The Cardinality of real numbers is also called the Cardinality of the continuum and denotes it with the symbol ℵ₁.“
Tatoeba.org set example 8210770
„A lot of that Cardinality of the natural numbers are called “countable infinite”.“
Tatoeba.org set example 8210771
„Cantor's theorem says that the power set of a set, that is, the set of all subsets of this set, is always a really larger one Cardinality (or mightiness) than the crowd itself possesses.“
Tatoeba.org set example 8210773
The usage examples were selected automatically and may therefore contain errors.
Thesaurus & Synonyms
- Cardinal number: Mathematics: "number" of elements, "size" of a set; Property of being able to be mapped bijectively to a certain quantity; Linguistics: a numerical word that indicates the number of objects in a set
Another word (synonym) for cardinality - Source: OpenThesaurus
Entries from our dictionary containing "cardinality":
dimension: Under the most common concept of the dimension of a space, the Hamel dimension of a vector space, one understands the cardinality of a (and then every) basis spanning this vector space
putere: ... repeated multiplication of a value, power 5) Mathematics, set theory: cardinality, cardinality of a set 6) Technology, physics: electrical, mechanical, thermal ...
Cardinalities:… IPA: [ˌkaʁdinaliˈtɛːtn̩] Grammatical features: nominative plural of the noun cardinality genitive plural of the noun cardinality dative plural of the…
Rate & Share
Rate the dictionary entry or share it with friends.
Quote & print
Quote this page:
"Cardinality" in the online dictionary Wortbedeutung.info (May 24th, 2021) URL: https://www.wortbedeutung.info/Kardinalität/
Comments from users
There are currently no comments on this entry.
Complete the dictionary entry
Wortscheutung.info is a Language dictionary and is used to look up all linguistic information. It's explicit not an encyclopedia and no subject dictionary that explains content. You can add comments such as examples of use or hints on the use of the term "cardinality" and thus help to improve our dictionary. Questions, requests for help and complaints are not welcome and will be deleted immediately. HTML tags are not allowed.
The following terms
Cardinalities (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Kar | di | na | li | ta | ten Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
Cardinal solution (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular cardinal solution; Majority of cardinal solutions ...
Cardinal solutions (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Kar | di | nal | lö | sun | gen Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
Cardinal Protodeacon (German) part of speech: noun, (male) cases: nominative: singular of cardinal protodiacon; Majority of the ...
Cardinal Protodiacons (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Kar | di | nal | pro | to | dia | ko | ne Grammatical features: nominative ...
Cardinal Protodeacons (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Kar | di | nal | pro | to | dia | ko | nen Grammatical features: Dative ...
Cardinal Protodiacones (German) Part of speech: declined form, subsidiary forms: cardinal protodiacons, syllable separation: ...
Cardinal Protodiacons (German) Part of speech: Declined form Variant forms: Cardinal protodiacal Hyphenation: Kar | di | nal | pro | to | dia | Kons…
Cardinals (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Kar | di | nals Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [ˌkaʁdiˈnaːls]…
Cardinal appointment (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular cardinal appointment; Majority of cardinal nominations ...
- Which Lifehack do you use most often
- What's your rating of Dairy Farming
- Why does celiac disease cause steatorhea
- Is captchaclub com is a legitimate one
- How quickly does the company reject a candidate?
- Are stratified and proportional samples equal
- How can I buy hosting from BlueHost
- Can I soundproof an apartment under 4000?
- Is Amazon on the way to bankruptcy
- Is Satanism good or bad?
- Which organic compounds do not contain hydrogen?
- Silver remains shiny
- Is there a moth that can bite?
- How was Taylor Swift signed
- Are all musical composers considered musicians
- What is the Perl thing anyway
- What is the scientific reason for laughing?
- Will Ethereum reach 600 by May 2019
- Will religions reach Mars?
- What is pure grain
- What are the paranormal theories
- When does Starbucks open
- What is wireframing in UI design
- Why do I not find pleasure after masturbating?
- How big is the global tableware industry
- Every scientist thinks he is very clever
- What are some examples of Islamic music
- How to remove pedals from a bicycle
- How much does a financial planner cost
- How can I calm my head
- Are you happy in your company
- Psychiatrists are poor understanding people
- Trump's presidency is canceled
- Which Harry Potter house are you in