Which off-page activities are effective
SEO Tips: Off-Page Optimization in 2020 - Here's How!
Even people who otherwise have little to do with SEO should have heard of the topic of onsite SEO. But what about the off-page optimization? Is it just about link building, or is there more to it?
Off-page and on-page are two sides of the same SEO medal. Off-page optimization defines all processes and methods that take place outside of your own website - for example, references from external pages (links).
The ultimate goal of off-page SEO is to attract as many visitors as possible to your website. From this, sales can be generated in the following or the customers can find out about the offers in a retail store, depending on the goals that are being pursued for a website.
But how exactly do you approach off-page optimization in 2020?
Clean link building in magazines, blogs and forums
For search engines, backlinks are still the Basis for building trust absolutely. Most of the time, attention is paid to the value of the page that issued the link.
If premium magazines, newspapers and Wikipedia link to your own site, then that is a great vote of confidence in Google and will definitely have a positive impact on the ranking.
Under the term cleaner Link building is also understood to be selected pages acts. Not every page should refer to its own page, because that could look like spam. A search engine like Google will see through such measures in the medium term and even penalize the target page in case of doubt.
Link building through resource pages
Resource pages are pages that publish high-quality content on a very specific topic. These can be found, among other things, as follows:
“Keyword” + inurl: left
"Keyword" + "Question"
"Keyword" + "resources"
The next step is to take a look at the free backlink checker from Ahrefs and have the domain checked.
If the page is good enough for a backlink, there are the following approaches to actually get a backlink from the desired page:
- Broken Links Method. The desired page is scanned for broken links. If you find one, you point it out to the website operator and suggest a replacement. This should of course be a suitable, separate target URL.
- Guest Posts. Here you suggest to the operators of the desired page to write a guest post on a certain topic in order to then organically place the desired backlink.
- Find suitable articles on external sites. The blog or website operators are written to and pointed out to a new, suitable source on their own target page and asked whether they would like to incorporate this into their own page. This is legitimate, because Google ultimately also honors when websites are kept up-to-date and refer to thematically appropriate sources.
- Answering questions on portals such as Quora, gutefrage.net & Co., in order to include the appropriate backlinks in the qualified answers.
- Write high quality forum posts and publish that point to the target url.
- High-quality reference articles on your own page create, and this on Wikipedia to link.
- Link exchange: Write to thematically related pages whether they are interested in a link exchange.
- Infographics: If you create great infographics, other people may want to include them on their website as well. Obviously, the condition for using the infographic is that a backlink is set.
No matter which of these paths you want to go to Building backlinks always includes the creation of high-quality content.
So you can't expect much from dubious ranking packs for a few euros, which are available on Fivver and Co., for example. Here you usually have to deal with “black hat” SEO methods, which will always damage your reputation in the medium term, for example if entries from spam websites are found under your own company name or the backlinks are generated via hacked websites.
People don't link to your page because they don't know it is there; and they will usually not know that they exist unless you tell them about it. "- Julie Adams, Our Beautiful Planet
Buying premium backlinks and letting professionals take over the link building service in order to achieve a sustainable SEO effect makes perfect sense. SEO agencies that specialize exclusively in off-page optimization are particularly recommended there.
Other factors of a good link
When great content is provided on the website, it inevitably becomes too organic backlinks come. Forums in particular generate some links when it comes to a topic worth discussing. Blogs or newspapers can also mention your own site as a reference.
The Link strength results from the Anchor text, from the Position of the link in the article and the number of backlinks.
With regard to the anchor text, it should also be mentioned that a so-called Exact-match anchor text has its drawbacks. If too many anchor texts with a single specific word or sequence appear in the link profile, it can be assumed that these are not organic links, but rather activities related to link exchange or link purchase.
How effective are social signals?
In addition to the pure link building, there are also so-called "social signals". These are mainly tweets, Facebook posts, and all other "social" platforms on which content and links are shared.
Although a direct connection between ranking and social signals is controversial, a correlation can be seen in any case. Google itself has also confirmed such a connection:
Social annotations drive a 5% -10% increase in click-through rate, on average.ZMOT Handbook, Thingwithgoogle.com
Social signals don't just include tweets and Facebook posts. Social signals are also comments, likes and retweets. Those who also concentrate on this generally have more traffic, as the platforms automatically promote a lot of interaction through the algorithm. Efficient social media marketing should therefore also take place.
Customer reviews on external sites such as Amazon or Google My Business are also part of the so-called social signals.
Become an opinion leader and strengthen your own brand
When searching for a certain search term, it is noticeable that large portals (with a lot of traffic) appear at the forefront. This is primarily because Google, Bing, and other search engines prefer strong brands and opinion leaders. It is therefore always easier for a well-known brand.
But how can you strengthen your own brand? This works especially when there is a lot of talk about a brand name. The mentions on the internet show that it could be a relevant company. But also a large number of high-quality backlinks and a large number of subscribers on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and Co. can be an indication of this.
This is yet again evidence that social media shouldn't be sidelined, even if your reach on social media is limited. This can be counteracted by, for example, "managing" the current social media trends, i.e. by publishing suitable content for popular hashtags.
Criteria on the website
In order to understand the rankings in the search results, one has to ask what is important to Google. The goal of Google is to display the best and most relevant content for a given search query. For this, Google uses the so-called user signals, for example the Length of stay and the Bounce rate.
If the user stays on the page for a long time and even clicks on further pages, then it is a sign that the content is relevant. Google will then reward the page with even more visitors.
Create a monthly report of the off-page optimizations
To draw an interim conclusion, it is worthwhile to create a report with the most important key figures once a month. The reporting can include the following figures:
- number of visitors
- Number of page views
- Sessions per user
- Page views home page
- Pageviews Top 10 Articles
- Average length of stay per session in seconds
- Pageviews per session
- Bounce rate
- The main sources of traffic
- Share of organic traffic
- Share of direct traffic
- Follower XING
- Follower Twitter
- Facebook likes
- Followers on Pinterest
- Followers on LinkedIn
- Followers on Instagram
In this way, it is possible to systematically record whether the methods used in off-page optimization made sense or whether one's own efforts in a certain area still need to be intensified.
With our contribution to "Off-Page Optimization in 2020 - How it works", we have prepared a broad overview of the topic and shown how backlinks can be systematically built up.
However, all of this requires that high-quality links exist on the target page in the first place. Every effective off-page optimization in 2020 goes hand in hand with an on-page optimization. In this way, parameters such as the loading speed and the bounce rate can also be improved.
- Have you ever been a poisonous friend
- Is the Pope still a Catholic?
- What problems do novice bloggers have when blogging
- Police What are your favorite sleeves
- Mix milk and water
- Are pictures worth saving?
- Who designed the Trump Pence campaign logo
- Andy Dalton is overrated
- Is Malaika Arora pregnant?
- Can you trust Huawei Tech
- Where can I learn about marketing
- Why is crying more important
- What are the six codons for serine
- How do I prevent sleepiness while reading?
- What is a concealed sonic weapon
- What happened to Saigon Vietnam
- Who is Simone Giertz
- What are some natural wasp repellants
- What planet is revered by ancient people
- Which operating system is suitable for Bitcoin mining?
- Is it worth buying scales
- What is the scope of AWS
- When does a belief become a superstition?
- Is Jer a good name
- How important are network technicians
- Which Chromebooks support Microsoft Office
- What is a military tactician
- What drug is used in HAART therapy
- What does and mean
- Why are cement concrete mixers always orange
- How effective is ampicillin in treating allergies
- Nuclear weapons go bad
- How do we overcome the identity crisis
- Is virtual reality really the future?