How can I remove blooming from bricks
Efflorescence on clinker - what to do?
Determine the cause
Basically, you should always look for the cause of the efflorescence first. In the case of clinker facades, this is usually too much moisture penetration into the masonry during the construction phase.
The salts that are visible as efflorescence rarely come from the brick itself, but mostly from the mortar (7.79 € on Amazon *).
In the case of stones in contact with the earth (or stones that have been stored unprotected on the ground), the salts can also come from the stone. Even if the facade was cleaned with a lot of hydrochloric acid after completion (6.95 € on Amazon *), efflorescence can occur later.
So-called leaching, white tracks from the brickwork, usually arise when the mortar used was faulty or not processed properly. Leaching is mostly about easily soluble components of the mortar, usually CaOH2 (calcium hydroxide).
Pavement and stones in contact with the earth
With all clinker bricks that come into contact with the ground, efflorescence can usually not be avoided. The cause here is either salty water from the ground or (very often and with massive effects) road salt.
Basically, efflorescence on the clinker facade is washed off by the weather and disappears completely within 1 - 2 years. The reason for this is that after this time a so-called "equilibrium moisture content" has set in on the building, which prevents further efflorescence.
If this is not the case, or if the weather does not remove the traces, you can simply remove any efflorescence using a dry brush (brush, scrubber). In severe cases you can also use (little!) Water or warm water in the case of poorly soluble salts.
* Affiliate link to AmazonHome »Renovating» Wall »Walls» Efflorescence
- What is the English word of uppumavu
- Why is Gilgit still an undisputed area
- What is the reason for the TikTok ban
- What is Hindutva Political
- Have you ever read fake news?
- Can women have a hair transplant?
- Why do I have to learn math
- Will Node die in the future
- What is the best terpene for anxiety
- Why is FIITJEE Chandigarh so bad
- What is 2x 0
- How do I use Modafinil effectively
- What is de anonymization
- Why are some software developers too confident
- What is x 2 3 x
- Are shotguns or snipers more deadly
- Do people fear memories
- Why does log1 0
- Is La Mer Lotion worth the money
- How much is miami pune
- What qualifies a woman as cute
- Why isn't WhatsApp restoring my chats
- Why does Bobby Axelrod challenge Chuck Rhodes
- What does meth withdrawal help?