Remove characters from the text
Remove specific character from text | Herber's Excel forum
The short way to the goal: job programming
Applies to: Removing certain characters from text by: Marcus
Written on: 03/10/2011 14:30:15
I have to solve the following problem (leave it to you!):
There are often additions / additions to the rating ratings of the rating agencies.
Instead of the rating BBB +, the rating is then e.g. BBB + u.
This can also occur with other expressions (A + u e.g.), i.e. in the example the "u" does not always appear as the fifth character in the character string, but it varies.
With which formula can I now flexibly remove the "u" from the rating so that only the actual rating value is displayed?
= if (right (
Applies to: AW: Remove certain characters from text by: Rudi Maintaire
Written on: 03/10/2011 14:34:16
if there is no other u
= Change (A1; "u"; "")
Subject: Rating is economic nonsense! But your... from: Luc: -?
Written on: 03/10/2011 14:36:55
... only trivial problem, Marcus!
As an xlguter you should have heard of the text functions CHANGE and REPLACE. Try the former!
Greetings dipLoec ;-)
Subject: OT @ Luc by: hary
Written on: 03/10/2011 3:17:26 PM
"Rating is economic nonsense!"
I agree with you, but it makes money for the rating agencies.
It's just laughable when rating agencies that are about to go bankrupt rate others. Not to mention when it is rated.
A crow picks ........
Greek bonds are in and will soon be better valued again. ;-))))
Subject: ... Just think of Lehman Bros ...! : -> ORT from: Luc: -?
Written on: 03/10/2011 10:41:01 PM
Subject: AW: Rating is economic nonsense! But your... by: Marcus
Written on: 03/10/2011 3:41:02 PM
Thank you very much
I have now successfully installed the change function.
I am still (gladly) learning something after I have had other "quirks" with the SMOOTH
Could get the function out of the ratings :-)
Re: GLÄTTEN deletes blanks ... ;-) Greetings owT from: Luc: -?
Written on: 03/10/2011 10:42:16 PM
Contributions from the Excel examples on the topic of "Removing certain characters from text"
- What is clonal rearrangement
- What is the full form of MPATGM
- What is sociology
- Have a Merry Christmas to everyone
- Which is harder CFA or FRM
- Where did the Sumerians emigrate?
- How long is the long-tail keyword
- How does Ne Yo usually dress
- Why don't companies install solar panels
- What is the Indian Ocean
- What famous YouTubers live in Mumbai
- What percentage of people stutter heavily?
- What do you avoid criticizing
- What are the courses in college
- What does caption under pictures mean?
- Are INTPs generally competitive
- Is Microsoft too big to fail?
- Schools still have early school leavers
- How long have you been on your couch?
- Cooking apple rich in pectin
- Why does Dubai have an ugly skyline
- Why do people compare apples to oranges
- What is my public IP useful for?
- Black holes are a current cosmological event