What is the 3 second rule
Does the three-second rule apply to food?
Briefly inattentive and the delicious sausage lands on the floor. Is it Dangerous to Still Eat a Dropped Snacks Experts say: it depends.
You eat delicious bread and in a careless moment it happens: A piece of sausage falls on the floor. Are you leaving the fallen food? Or do you think: Nothing happened that quickly - after all, the three-second rule applies?
The microbiologist Dr. Dirk Bockmühl traces the myth according to which no germs appear on fallen food in three seconds. For this purpose, Bockmühl dropped the following foods on fabric and ceramics in an experiment:
The expert left the food on the surfaces once for only three seconds and once for half a minute.
Bacteria are found even after three seconds
The result shows that bacteria get on the food after just three seconds. The longer the cucumber, sausage and bread lay on the surface, the more bacteria were found on it. For healthy people, however, the following applies: the germs that are on the fallen food after three seconds are not harmful.
But does that also apply if sandwiches and other snacks fall on the floor outdoors? Bockmühl recommends using common sense: you should weigh up where your food is going. "Otherwise, washing up will also help," advises the microbiologist.
Important NOTE: The information is in no way a substitute for professional advice or treatment by trained and recognized doctors. The contents of t-online cannot and must not be used to independently make diagnoses or start treatments.
more on the subject
- Live healthy,
- Who set up the judicial review
- What do you know about Srinivasan Ramanujam
- How good are the Mi Fitness Bands
- Can a person cure their depression
- Are the voices real?
- Is Canada on the way to more socialism
- What breed is Manny Pacquiao
- How do I pass BALLB from RTMNU
- How many YouTube subscribers is a lot
- How do we feel how people are watching us
- Can Jamshedpur have an airport
- Which European countries have the scariest signs?
- What do I mean by that
- What thing impressed you yesterday
- Needs Tesla LiDAR
- What are vice handles used for?
- What are the characteristics of Smart School
- How can we start social media advertising
- Should you buy a UM bike
- What are some strange historical books
- What is USB 3 0
- What sports are played in London
- Are there examples of unalloyed devotion
- What is an example of legitimate power