How can we change human thoughts
7 mindsets that can destroy your life
It is not always just the external circumstances or the environment and the colleagues that can make life difficult for you. Some of the greatest enemies you carry around with you every day: They are ways of thinkingthat first crept in and then imprinted them over the years. But at the same time it is also these ways of thinking that decide how happy, satisfied or successful is a person. While positive ways of thinking can increase the quality of life, others can downright destroy life and make everyday life a torture. In order to be able to do something about it, they must first be identified. We show seven mindsets that harm you ...
Changing mindsets: This is how it works
You feel some of your mindsets are leading too more problems than solutions? Congratulations on this realization. This is the first step towards improvement, as one's own behavior is often automatically viewed as infallible. But the second step is no less difficult, because ways of thinking are often deeply anchored and can be changed not in a hurry give up or change.
For this reason, what you need most of all is a strong will. And what could be a greater motivation than the prospect of a happier and more contented life? If you stick to this three rules you can change your mindset:
- Stay tuned. New ways of thinking do not arise overnight. Replacing negative attitudes and replacing them with more positive thought patterns will take time. Do not let yourself get down at first, just stay tuned.
- Be strict. It is not easy to change old ways of thinking. Especially at the beginning, there is a great temptation to fall back into existing patterns. Have the necessary strength of will and rigor and do not allow any exceptions.
- Stay fair Do not blame yourself or those around you for the current situation. Most of the time, it is the combination of many factors that encourage bad thinking.
How do the negative ways of thinking come about?
It would be best if the bad ways of thinking don't even arise would. So you could fight the problem right at the beginning, the negative effect would not materialize and you would not have to laboriously work off learned ways of thinking.
But that's not that easy, because behind the harmful thoughts are different strong motives:
- You try to protect yourself.
- You feel like you have to prove yourself
- You doubt yourself.
Mindsets that urgently need to be changed
You will likely have observed each of the following ways of thinking in yourself. And don't worry: is it Individual cases, you are still in the green area. On the other hand, it becomes dangerous when you have the feeling that you have to struggle with these seven ways of thinking every day. Because these can cause great damage in both professional and private life. So that you can change something about it, we provide seven ways of thinking that can ruin your life.
"That can still wait ..."
Is there a colleague who often feels attacked you? Or have you wanted to get a precise overview of your own finances for a long time? Postponing important matters and problems not only makes you unhappy, it also creates stress and frustration. Always keep in mind that problems will not go away in thin air. Talk to your colleague directly and clarify the situation. You will feel better and relieved afterwards.
The most important principle to change the mindset: Do it without making excuses.
"Should I really…"
We often stand in our own way when making important decisions. Of course, these should not be taken prematurely or carelessly, but indecision quickly leads to stagnation. Accept the job offer? Apprenticeship or study? Nobody can get around these questions if they want to develop further. Ask yourself, your family and friends, and then make your decision.
The most important principle to change the mindset: Do not imagine horror scenarios of what can go wrong if you commit yourself. Be realistic.
"I'll just finish it off quickly ..."
You work from morning to night, you still take work home with you and you just can't switch off. In short, you are a real workaholic. You only see yourself able to complete important tasks and you cannot hand over projects. Commitment in the job is good, but if you overdo it, your health is at risk. The work rush often serves as compensation, for example for missing hobbies or social contacts. Start here and start activities outside the office.
The most important principle to change the mindset: Trust that others can do a job too.
"I would like that too ..."
Envy - or the green-eyed monster, as Shakespeare called it - leads to frustration and dissatisfaction with one's own life. You can always find someone who has more money, who drives the bigger car, who has apparently happier families, and who appears to be more successful overall. But just focus on your envy, forget about being happy and satisfied with the things you have achieved yourself. How many people do you think are jealous of you? The most important principle to change the mindset: Think about your successes and the positive things and be grateful.
"Isn't that a little faster ..."
Would you describe yourself as a patient personality? Many are honest at this point and rate themselves as rather impatient. But why don't you change anything about it? Nowadays everything should always happen as quickly as possible. The first application must bring the dream job; a new car is essential immediately. If it doesn't work as quickly as expected, frustration and anger are inevitable. The way to a destination can sometimes be more beautiful than the destination itself. It is well known that anticipation is the greatest joy.
The most important principle to change the mindset Impatience cannot be shed overnight. So be patient with yourself too.
"I'd rather be careful ..."
Another, unfortunately, common way of thinking is fear of risk. You hide behind behaviors and routines that haven't changed in years and stay in your comfort zone. This fear is supported by the fear of mistakes and setbacks. True to the motto: What if that goes wrong? shouldn't change anything. But great progress and success cannot be achieved without risk. And if you fail with one attempt: So what?
The most important principle to change the mindset Mistakes are not the end of the world. Taking risks can be fun and worth an experience.
"If only I had…"
If only I had reacted like that or said something else ... Do these thoughts sound familiar to you? Then you should definitely change something in your way of thinking. Some cannot let go of past events even in retrospect. People are constantly brooding over what could have been different and how the future might have been different. Remember: you live in the present. It won't make you happier if you keep wondering what would have happened if you won the lottery. Live in the here and now and make the most of it.
The most important principle to change the mindset: Leave the past behind.
Other readers will find these articles interesting:
Nils Warkentin studied business administration at the Justus Liebig University in Giessen. In the career bible, he is devoted to topics related to studies, career entry and everyday office life.
- Supports the Nubia Z17 mini 5G
- How many Pakistanis read English newspapers
- Why do many Indians usually come late
- Can you scare yourself to death
- Why are car batteries not overcharged?
- Dogs feel grateful
- Why do you hate Obama 1
- How can you put on make-up well
- Where does the media get money from?
- Will be supporting Quora Siri soon
- Is Nokia 6 1 2018 worth buying
- How do you raise a novel
- Does CTS take the location preference into account during training
- TESOL AND TEFL CERTIFICATES
- Who is the best female superhero
- What's better than Shopify
- How long do Sony bluetooth headphones last
- How do I check my GST return
- What are the different carbohydrates in vegetables
- A 15 credit score is good
- What made you develop fear
- Should my jacket match my shoes
- How did Logan Paul screw it up
- Which brand name ends with ASF
- What is freeze cryotherapy
- Which subject is best for private jobs
- How do flowers develop into fruits
- What is a data plan
- Internships are a waste of time
- Why did China invent fireworks
- There is no credit card background check
- What are some examples of distributed computing
- Do you enjoy being a risk manager?
- What are some reviews of Jean Baudrillard