In their opinion, necrophilia is a crime

Murder and necrophilia: Alleged repeat offender fully culpable

In the trial of the fatal knife attack on a woman, an expert certified the defendant fully guilty. There is no evidence of an organic disease in the 48-year-old or of a psychosis, said the expert at the Nuremberg Regional Court.

The accused led a very unsteady life, often changed jobs, moved frequently and had a relationship with around 200 women. The psychiatrist said that this could only be used to identify conspicuous traits in his personality, and in his report he could only refer to the testimony of witnesses and the files. The defendant himself has only spoken to his lawyer since the act in July 2007.

The public prosecutor's office accuses the 48-year-old of having killed his 57-year-old partner a year ago and then abused him. In 1987 he was sentenced to 14 years imprisonment in Kiel for the same crime against his girlfriend at the time. Whether he had wronged the corpse at the time could not be clarified in the process. The court had held that the man had impaired control because he was drunk in the act. He was released in 1995 after serving two-thirds of the sentence.

According to the prosecutor, the defendant has had a relationship with his second victim since the beginning of last year. At the end of May 2007, the defendant moved to his new girlfriend in Nuremberg. After a few weeks, the 57-year-old wanted to end the relationship again. She asked the defendant to move out of the shared apartment.

The act happened after a pub crawl

On July 17, 2007, he returned to the apartment shortly after midnight after visiting several pubs. The two drank coffee and smoked together. When she did not want to comply with his desire for sexual intercourse, he is said to have killed her with two knife stabs in the chest. According to the indictment, he then put a yellow plastic bag over the head of the dead person and abused the corpse on the living room floor.

The defense attorney had rejected the prosecution's allegations at the beginning of the trial. According to the lawyer, the act was manslaughter. He assumed that the sexual intercourse took place before the crime and that there was a heated argument afterwards, he said. There was no desecration of the corpse. "My client is mentally healthy," he emphasized. This assessment has now been confirmed in court.

Four days of trial are scheduled for the trial, and a verdict is expected on August 5th. If convicted, the man faces life imprisonment. According to a spokesman, however, the court cannot impose preventive detention even in the case of life, as the first judgment was too long ago.