Why are servers being virtualized
The greatest advantages of server virtualization
Many companies still rely exclusively on physically real servers. But the virtualization of servers is advancing slowly. We show the advantages of virtualized servers.
Consolidation, cost reduction, automation or the easy relocation of complete applications from one physical location to another: There are many assumptions and hypotheses surrounding server virtualization, although this technology has been available on the market for x86 servers for about ten years. But it is still considered something "new".
Many companies continue to hold back with the implementation or at best experiment with "lower" applications. For business-critical applications it is still better to reserve your own physical server - exceptions confirm the rule.
VMware and other manufacturers are already talking about a second or third phase that will come after the server virtualization has been completed. Before it really comes to that and users rush into new investments, it seems appropriate to briefly recapitulate the advantages achieved so far.
1. Save energy
Maybe it's just a few drops in the ocean, but at least: Fewer physical servers in the data center mean less electricity during operation and less cooling. We don't talk so much about "Green IT" anymore, but setting up virtual machines (VMs) is a factual contribution to a better carbon footprint and a "greener" environment. You don't have to be a fanatical environmental fighter who reduces all human happiness to dealing with nature, a cool head who can count is enough.
- Why do waves have less energy
- Why do private MBA schools have quotas
- How I can make money through networking
- How do you keep yourself so hot
- Which is true solipsism or panpsychism
- What are the origins of WebMD
- What is iPhone 11 max
- What is word porn
- Verraet China North Korea
- Can an airplane land without a GPS?
- Is it unhealthy to avoid sweating?
- Why did you leave the military?
- How much should i save?
- Doctors assess people with health concerns
- How Go Fund Me prevents fraud
- Is cartilage eating good for you?
- Is Amazon best suited for making money
- Faster speakers are smarter
- What is your usual impression on others?
- What is the best position in poker
- Which films had no villain
- What does India owe to the United States
- What does God want people for?
- Appreciate apartments in value