How does glamor photography work
Lexicon of film terms
Glamor / glamor photography
from the bulkhead. glamorous = magical
The one with bright, opulent or luxurious circumscribed term glamor was in the 1920s by the popular magazines (fanzines) of the Hollywood film industry, who tried to describe the special aura and charisma of their film stars. The strongly illuminated and staged, often larger than life star portraits that are produced by the photo departments of Hollywood Studios and featured in the fanzines found widespread use, they were referred to as glamor photographs. Among the most important practitioners of glamor photography in the classical period are Virgil Apger, Ernst Bachrach, Clarence Sinclair Bull, Robert Coburn, George Hurrell, Ray Jones, Anita Louise, Frank Powolny, Ted Reed, Bert Six and Laszlo Willinger. In the 1950s, a new, more natural portrait style emerged that took the aesthetic of the snapshots internalized. Today all portraits of women with an erotic touch, whether of film stars or not, are marketed as glamor photographs.
Literature: Bhatty, Michael: History and marketing of Hollywood glamor photography. Frankfurt [...]: Lang 1997. - Parish, James Robert / Stanke, Don E .: The glamor girls. New Rochelle, New York: Arlington House 1975.
Article last changed on 08/01/2011
- Are Spanx comfortable
- How does the Curiosity Rover get power
- How do you say proof in Mandarin
- What's the hottest horror movie
- What's your favorite song about dogs
- Who believed in ethical selfishness
- What are the different carbohydrates in vegetables
- What causes hypotension
- Which sea is Tobago Island on?
- The use of Google Chrome is shrinking
- Who is Shraddha Kapoor who is getting married
- Why is the Poissons relationship always positive
- Which operating system is suitable for Bitcoin mining?
- What is the best urine to buy
- The thyroid values fluctuate
- How do I score weeds in OOTY
- Why does religion blaspheme spirituality
- Fall in love wrong twice
- Can meditation relieve back pain
- Why does Paytm not offer telephone support
- Are there shopping malls in Thoothukudi
- Can you spot a sociopath
- How fast does Taq Polymerase work
- Is symmetry seen as a state of perfection