Why is Magic Leaps headquartered in Florida
Magic Leap is finally coming to Potte, Devices for Developers
You can first design, develop, test and improve a product in peace and quiet. Or you can do it like Magic Leap: keep your mouthful of marketing, nothing specific to communicate, and also not show the few journalists you allow insight into what you actually have. In between, some secrets and so on. It was enough to attract attention - also from investors. Because if you want to raise $ 1 billion halfway through, you have to drum a little.
Money was and is needed at Magic Leap - but institutional investors are happy to give and give. The last prominent investor with an amount of 400 million dollars is the Saudi Arabia Public Investment Fund, which invested in early March 2018. Overall, the company has benefited from its donors - including Qualcomm, Temasek, EDBI, Grupo Globo, Janus Henderson Investors, Alibaba Group, Fidelity Management and Research Company, Google LLC, J.P. Morgan Investment Management, funds managed by T. Rowe Price Associates, Inc. and Axel Springer Digital Ventures - raised $ 2.3 billion in capital since it was founded in 2011.
The business news agency Bloomberg calculated the enterprise value of Magic Leap in September 2017. According to Bloomberg, it was $ 6 billion at the time.
Its headquarters are in Plantation, Florida. According to current company information, Magic Leap is also represented with locations in the USA, New Zealand, Israel and Switzerland. There are offices or other branches in Los Angeles, Sunnyvale, San Francisco, Seattle, Austin, Dallas, Zurich, Wellington, Haifa and Tel Aviv. According to various press reports, around 1,400 people are employed.
All the effort has probably been worth it: Magic Leap has now released its SDK for the developers and has also delivered its own proprietary hardware to them. The “Magic Leap One” device is a pair of glasses that can also be marketed under the protected term Digital Lightfield. At least that is what the glasses are currently called on the website, as is the technology used. Since the company had also secured naming rights to the term sensorywear at an earlier point in time, this would also be a possible product name.
More important for the mixed reality tool - in the past Magic Leap also referred to cinematic reality - and the underlying software, of course, are the properties that are intended to distinguish it from other devices or technologies.
A triple is used, consisting of:
- a computer connected to it, which is connected by cable and can be attached to the user's belt
- as well as a small control for the hand
The company currently provides this information:
- Digital Lightfield: "Our light field photonics generate digital light at different depths and blend in seamlessly with natural light to create lifelike digital objects that coexist in the real world." This technology enables the brain to create digital objects in the same way to process how it uses objects from the real world. Obviously, light fields or a plenoptic system are used.
- Visual perception: "The Magic Leap One sensor suite recognizes surfaces, levels and objects and allows digital reconstruction in a physical environment." The result is a system that sees what the user sees and also records virtual objects. According to the description, these can appear almost anywhere - everything becomes a display in such a way that three-dimensional image information is provided.
- Persistent Objects: The company's space mapping technology creates a digital copy of the user's physical environment. Detection and storage of the exact position of walls, surfaces and other physical objects are part of this. The virtual light field objects remain where the user puts them down, as in reality. An explicit example: “Put a virtual television on your mantelpiece. When you return later, the TV will be exactly where you left it.
Magic Leap also advertises at another point on the website that virtually anything can become a screen or object and illustrates this with a retail scenario. If the system prevails, it could mean that one or the other investment is not made in a physical screen, even in B2B applications, but in this AR / MR technology. This would be particularly interesting for retailers or advertisers if several users can move around and interact with the Magic Leap One (or any successor) in the physical and virtual space at the same time.
The Software Development Kit (SDK) is now open to developers. Some of them have already received their glasses. According to various reports, it must be kept in the safe under strict conditions - not uncommon. Especially not at Magic Leap, where the secret has so far played a major role.
- Why support Wikipedia
- Why don't you like France
- Who can defeat superheroes with super powers
- What should be the dose of Kalongi
- Has SpongeBob legs
- What is important when analyzing the market
- How does waterproof material breathe?
- How does the restaurant system work
- How important is muscle strength in cricket
- What is time-of-flight technology
- Can your body fight off hepatitis C.
- What makes oral communication effective
- What is the biggest myth about women
- Will the RBI hire assistants this year?
- Koreans bow less than Japanese
- Who is the best astrologer in Panchkula
- What is UI development
- How does Apple Lossless compare to FLAC
- What are some rare substances
- Are titanium rings better than stainless steel
- Should i drop srm or join
- How do you crush badminton
- Religious tolerance is not important
- How have airline complaints changed over time?
- Which products are injection molded
- Why is my ps4 fan so loud
- Is English honors good in YOU
- Who is the previous president of the USA
- What is Arthur Miller's legacy
- How are astronauts at risk from meteorites
- Can you trick Google search
- What was Foghat's most successful song
- Is risk aversion nature or care