Working fitness tracker while cycling
Activity and fitness tracker
Published by Armin7. November 2018
How useful are the trackers for cyclists?
Fitness wristband, activity tracker, wearables or fitness tracker
The small devices for the wrist are available under different names. They show the time, the steps taken, meters covered, phases of deep sleep and / or calories burned.
You can pair it with your smartphone and synchronize it with special apps. If you are an avid cyclist and would like to purchase a fitness tracker, there are a few important things you should keep in mind.
Runner with Sigma fitness watch and smartphone app. © Sigmasport
Sporty - aerobics, swimming, running, cycling - everything included?
Most activity trackers come with compatible heart rate sensors, which usually work with a chest strap. Some trackers can communicate with training computers using ANT technology. Many fitness wristbands are waterproof, so swimming is not a problem.
Most devices have the ability to track movement and prompt you to do more when you need to. However, most activity trackers react to all movements and vibrations, so that even when cycling, steps may be recorded that were not taken.
Activity Tracker on Amazon *
Some activity trackers support cycling mode
On the Polar M400 training computer *, for example, the driven speed is determined with the help of GPS data. While cycling, the currently achieved speed is then transmitted to the device and can be read on the watch display.
Otherwise, the parameters displayed (heart rate, training duration, time) during a cycling session do not differ from those for other activities. However, the Polar does not display a cadence, so it may be useful for casual riders but less suitable for ambitious athletes.
Fitness trackers and sports watches from Polar. © www.polar.com.de
The latest development, which is supposed to support cycling in addition to swimming, running, boxing or weightlifting, is a small disc (Moov) that is attached to a bracket on the leg or arm and then measures acceleration and movement.
The fitness tracker is attached to the crank for cycling. On closer inspection, however, the supposedly innovative device is nothing more than a normal cadence monitor. However, it does not work as a wattmeter either.
Fitness trackers are small, mostly pretty devices that are designed to motivate their wearers to exercise more. While they reliably fulfill their function in sports such as running or swimming, they tend to react poorly to cycling.
In order to obtain meaningful values when cycling, the speed and heart rate must be included in the calculation.
Here you will find a large selection of activity trackers.
Polar M400 sports watch with GPS function and heart rate measurement. © www.polar.com.de
- Where can I buy DU LLB books
- What are bad debts on accounts
- How can I become more like Kirito
- Mark Zuckerberg is good at giving speeches
- Which is the best anti-keylogger
- What is the best anonymous social network
- What is Husserl's lifeworld
- Who is Ram Mohammed Singh Azad
- Which is better treadmill or cycling
- How believable is The Huffington Post
- Choji dies
- What were the grades of Bill Gates at Harvard
- What do citizens call illegal children?
- What is the most smelling animal
- Killers usually get away with murder
- How do scientists study the universe
- Are INTPs generally competitive
- What are some tips for healing sadness
- What is this popular word deciphered AEOKFCBO
- How do you train a duck
- Love to eat caviar
- In which area is stoechiometry used
- Make NPDs gas lights themselves
- What can America do about climate change