What is golfer's elbow
Golfer's elbow (epicondylitis humeri ulnaris)
The anatomy of the elbow joint is complicated. It connects the upper arm bone (humerus) with the two forearm bones ulna (ulna) and radius (radius) and is made up of three Partial joints assembledwhich are all surrounded by a common joint capsule:
1. Upper arm-elbow joint - (Articulatio humeroulnaris)
2. Upper arm-radial joint - (Articulatio humeroradialis)
3. Near the trunk of the ulnar-spoke joint - (Articulatio radioulnaris proximalis)
Bending and stretching movements are made possible in the elbow joint. In addition, the elbow joint is involved in inward and outward turns (pro and supination movements) of the hand through complex movements of the spoke.
The complex bony anatomy is secured by a joint capsule and a tight ligament that prevent dislocation or instability.
The bony protrusions of the humerus just before the elbow joint are called the epicondyle. There is one on the inside of the arm (epicondyle medialis, epicondyle humeri ulnaris) and one on the outside (epicondyle lateralis, epicondyle humeri radialis). (2)
The common origin of the so-called flexor-pronator group on the inner protrusion of the bone is decisive for the development of the disease of the golfer's elbow. This essentially includes two muscles:
Carpal ligament - (M. flexor carpi radialis)
round inward turner - (M. pronator teres)
The common tendon of origin is also called MCT (medial conjoint tendon). (1) In the immediate vicinity of the MCT there are stabilizing ligaments of the inner elbow as well as the elbow nerve (ulnar nerve). The ulnar nerve is one of the three main nerves that supply the forearm. In motor terms, it is essentially responsible for closing the fist of the long fingers, for spreading the long fingers and, among other things, for wrist flexion.
It runs in a palpable groove in the immediate vicinity of the medial epicondyle and can be felt under the skin. When the inner elbow is struck, the exposed course of the ulnar nerve can be painfully felt, known to many as "Funny bones".
- A 15 credit score is good
- Check out the news from the UK column
- Mining from BIT Sindri is good
- What made you stronger
- What is a low maintenance person
- Why do we use stainless steel reactors
- How beneficial were war bonds during World War II
- What is the Hemlock Grove show about
- How to sharpen a chainsaw manually
- What are the best boutiques in Chennai
- What is an epic in history
- Jungkook is the best member of BTS
- What does Yang and Yin Karama mean
- Is Hodgkin lymphoma curable or not
- What is the new definition of new politics
- How many types of polypeptides are there
- Where does the surgical waste go?
- Why do anabolic steroids cause high hemoglobin levels
- Is my idea on the right track
- How good does NIOS compare to CBSE
- What is an F 22 Raptor
- Objectified Hollywood women
- What's the name of the Hittites now?
- What are creativity standards