How are Beagles personalities different from Puggles?
Puggle: Is This Mischievous Dog Right For You?
The puggle is a cross between a beagle and a pug.
You have the floppy ears and playful personality of a beagle, but a pug funny wrinkled face and loving nature.
This pooch quickly transforms into one of the most popular hybrid dogs in the US.
It doesn't take much to keep them happy and healthy.
Are you ready to open your heart to one of those angry little friends? Read on to find out more about these special little boys ...
Content and quick navigation
What is a puggle? (Overview)
A puggle comes from crossing a beagle with a pug.
Without official recognition of the breed, They are simply classified as mixed race.
These dogs were specifically bred for looks and companionship. They are friendly, playful, and make the perfect lap dog. However, they can be difficult to train.
A puggle who is more of a Beagle will be active but persistent. One who is more of a pug will crave attention and cuddle, but can be bossy.
They are easy to care for and don't need much beyond the basic needs of most dogs. Training is the hardest part of puggle grooming.
- Overview: Hybrid (pug / beagle).
- Purpose: Society.
- Weight: 15-30 pounds.
- Size: 8-15 inches.
- Temperament: Friendly, playful and loving.
Pug Beagle Mix Pros and Cons
- Ideal companion and family dog.
- Fits in almost every home.
- Ideal for families with children.
- Easy care.
- Good for first time owners.
- Can be difficult to train.
- Vulnerable to genetic problems.
- Beagles are known for having unpredictable temperaments.
Since this breed does not have an official standard, your puppy's appearance can be very different.
However, you can expect their bodies to be short and stocky with long legs.
Her face is wrinkled and hangs slightly around the eyes and muzzle. The eyes are always dark and should be expressive and curious. Pug Beagle mixes have a white belly and black markings around the nose, snout, and eyes.
The tail should curl upwards, with fur a little longer than the rest of the body.
height and weight
The breed is typically up to 15 inches tall, however, toy puggles or those with more pug-like bodies can be as little as 8-12 inches tall.
You can expect men to weigh between 20 and 30 pounds and women to weigh between 15 and 20 pounds.
The color of your puggle will depend on the colors of its parents.
They can be any combination of tan, maroon, black, and white.
Beagle Puggles are darker in color and have more black markings, while those with more pug are lighter in color. Their breasts and bellies are always white or cream.
The coat is a short double hair that offers additional protection from the cold.
Outer coats are short, fine fur, while the inner coat is similar to wool or down.
Their fur appears wrinkled around their face and legs. You don't need to trim it as it will naturally grow and fall off.
6 Things to Know About the Beagle Pug Mix
- The American-born and raised Puggle can be traced back to the state of Wisconsin.
- She can snore quite loudly when everyone is wrapped in a deep sleep.
- The breed originated in the 1980s and saw a surge in popularity in the early 2000s.
- They are one of the most popular hybrid dogs in the United States.
- Other nicknames are Buggle or Peagle.
- They can let out a mighty howl and even bark at the moon.
Puggle personality and temperament
The fight is the perfect mix of a playful dog and an adorable lap pet. They love to be petted and cuddled and don't want to be ignored.
These extremely sociable little boys just love hanging out with their best friends. Their puppy playfulness extends well into adulthood.
They are real people lovers and they are eager to get along. These kind faces will suit any family who shower them with love and attention.
If you are looking for a farm dog this is not the dog for you - they prefer the comfort of home.
- Her love for games and activities is a Credit to their beagle side. Those with beagle tendencies can be very active and wild. This also gives them their high hunting instinct, so be careful with cats and smaller dogs.
- Those with pug tendencies will want to spend more time cuddling than playing. You will happily curl up next to your pillow or on your lap.
Unwanted barking is one of the most common behavior problems for the breed. Without proper training, they bark at anything and everyone.
They bark and howl for attention when left alone or locked in another room.
If they are unfamiliar with something, they will want to tell you all about it. It takes a lot of patience to teach them when to bark and when not to bark.
Is the Puggle a Good Family Dog?
The Puggle was specifically bred to be one of the best family dogs.
You want to get to know everyone in your household and make excellent choices for a child's first puppy.
Mind a fight
This breed is extremely easy to care for, making it ideal for beginners.
Children of all ages can learn to care for one, and owners of all skill levels will find that they are quite easy to use.
Your requirements in terms of nutrition, hygiene and care are not all that complex. Read on to find out more.
Puggles have a moderate level of activity.
Walk for 15 minutes at least twice a day. A quick run around your favorite park or a walk through the yard are enough. If you spot a bird or a squirrel, your hunting instinct can kick in. For this reason They should only be kept on a leash.
Like most other dogs, Pug Beagle mixes enjoy fetch and catch games.
Chasing or hiding with toys stimulates their intelligence and hunting instinct.
- Number of walks per day: 2.
- Total effort per day: 30 minutes.
Grooming and dandruff
Like most double-coated dogs, these types shed.
Your dog will shed more frequently in the spring and fall as the summer and winter coats grow out.
A weekly brush with a curry comb is enough out of season. During the shedding season, you'll need to brush them at least three times a week.
After your dogs have dug in the yard, check their facial wrinkles for trapped debris. This can lead to an infection if not cleaned up.
Their nails should be trimmed every month and their teeth should be brushed regularly. Dental work and food can help a dog who doesn't like the toothbrush very much.
Feeding and nutrition
These small dogs only need 2 meals of high quality nibbles per day.
When buying groceries at the supermarket, make sure that raw materials are listed first.
You don't need wet food, but you can get raw meat in moderation. Your food should have a mix of protein, fat, and carbohydrates that allows you to get a little bit of everything. Watch the carbohydrate intake closely as small breeds need fewer carbohydrates than others.
|Calories per day:||Cups of kibble per day:|
Known health problems
- Puggles were bred for the flat face the pugs can become brachycephalic. This means that their shortened airways can cause severe breathing difficulties.
- Hip dysplasia is a common problem that affects many smaller breeds of dogs. This painful joint deformity impairs mobility and can lead to arthritis.
- Hypothyroidism is a hormone deficiency inherited from the Beagles' side. This condition lowers your metabolism and increases the possibility of obesity.
How long does a puggle live?
If you keep her happy and healthy, you can expect your Puggle to live 12-15 years.
How much does a puggle cost?
The average cost of a puggle is around $ 500.
How to train a puggle
Before training your Puggle, it is important to know that this breed can be stubborn and will try to outsmart you - that makes it pretty difficult to train them.
No matter how frustrating the workout can be, patience and positive reinforcement are always key.
Your dog is smart enough to sense your attitude and will know if you are upset with them. Never raise your voice or physically punish your pup while exercising. It is also not a good idea to lock her up in a room for time off.
Instead, praise and reward good behavior. Reward them with cuddles and favorite games much more than you reward them with treats.
Don't go overboard when exercising and add 10-15 minutes of downtime and regular gaming.
Socialization and obedience training should begin around 2-3 months.
Obedience is the most difficult aspect of training this breed. A fetch game is a great way to stimulate your puppy's hunting instincts while also teaching them how to follow instructions.
Quick Breed Summary Table
|Lifespan:||12-15 years /|
|Coat:||Short double coat.|
|Colour:||Light brown, brown, white and black.|
|Temperament:||Sociable, playful, loving and stubborn.|
|Intelligence:||Very attentive and intelligent.|
|Socialization:||Friendly and sociable with people.|
|Destructive behavior:||Yes, if left alone they can cry and chew.|
|Social competence:||Get on with everyone.|
|Good with kids:||Yes.|
The puggle is ideal for almost anyone looking for a new furry family member. Whether you live alone or with a large family, these fun little friends have a lot going for them.
If you're adopting your first dog or looking for a puppy, a puggle might be the perfect start.
They are friendly, fun and always ready for a cuddle or a nice long nap on your lap.
This pooch is easy to care for and easy to please. Consider opening up your home and heart to that wrinkled little face.
Let us know if you have any questions in the comment section below ...
- What is technophobia
- Are BITS Goa hostels dirty
- What is a beautiful picture
- How do sheets differ
- Why is the punching shear calculated in the foundation
- Acid is a chemical
- What are some lesser known tennis facts
- Which company is better Deloitte or Synechron
- How reliable is Microsoft Dynamics NAV
- What are the 5 best underwear
- Which celebrity scandals were really scandalous
- Is Neymar really worth it
- Why do Thai women like western men
- What kind of weapon should parents use
- What is subdivision
- What does an ISTJ
- Who owns something in space 1
- Where were the Titanic people buried
- The Russian witch hunt is over now
- What is Wikipedia's annual budget
- Can quantum computers destroy cryptography?
- What is 36 2 20 30
- What happened to cracked
- What is the relative sweetness of sugar