How sacred is marriage in India
India: Better a cow than a woman
Patriarchal social structure as the basis for discrimination
Ghosh started the project in New Delhi, the city that is considered the most dangerous city for women in India after Jodhpur. In 2015 there were over 1,800 reported rapes here. The number of unreported cases and the number of sexual assaults are estimated to be far higher. But Ghosh also wants to photograph women outside the capital with his cow mask. He is raising money in a crowdfunding campaign to travel to Mumbai, Bangalore, Kerala and northeast India. The first pictures of his trip are already online.
The role of women is discussed again and again in India. The patriarchal structure of society forms the basis for discrimination. But the country's turmoil between tradition and modernity is also reflected in it, as the social scientist and author Geetanjali Shree told Tagesspiegel.de: "The new social discrepancies and pronounced competitive thinking overwhelm people and lead to pent-up anger. We are sitting on a powder keg that explodes into all forms of violence in a completely unpredictable manner. A deadly combination of the worst of the old and the new dehumanizes society." In their opinion, the best means of peaceful coexistence is education.
The most important actor on this path is arguably politics. It must be able to offer women equal rights and security. The Kumar presidency would be an opportunity to do this. But equality cannot succeed without a social rethink, and projects like Ghosh's are particularly important in order to continue to ensure that gender images in India are questioned.
Further women's rights projects in India
Numerous groups campaign for the rights of Indian women with projects and protests. The Why Loiter? Movement tries to regain male-dominated public space and to make women visible there again. The Pinjra Tod group campaigns against strict curfews in dormitories, rental apartments and hostels in Indian cities. It mainly affects young women who move to the city to study. The closure times are justified with the protection of women. There are no comparable regulations for men in dormitories.
- What are the advantages of LTE phones
- What are the prescriptive and descriptive uses
- What are some free online jobs
- How to make a homemade lasagna
- Why do camels have long necks?
- What's the worst about Trump's America
- Tips for raising start-up capital
- Have you ever had 3D dreams
- What happened to Napoleon Bonaparte's son
- Is parasailing safe
- How do I solve y x 1
- Can Jamshedpur have an airport
- Yamaha has the coolest bikes
- Why can't Dhoni play cricket
- How important is posture when sitting
- What are some interesting facts about Echnioderma
- What is array_udiff in PHP
- How are we supposed to build this business
- Where can I go snowmobiling in Ontario
- Which pigment captures the energy for photosynthesis
- What is iPhone 11 max
- Who used more chalk mathematicians or gymnasts
- Stress or nerves can lead to hives
- Does your hairdresser keep a record of haircuts