Why are some hostels so rude
Why are some Israeli groups so rude and what to do? [closed]
As someone who has traveled a lot and stayed in many hostels, I have seen similar behavior in many places, not just in hostels, but also on buses and at tourist attractions. This is not limited to just South America, but also Southeast Asia and India.
When you speak to Israelis who travel alone and are usually a little older, they have confirmed my observations and are ashamed of their compatriots and try to stay away from Israeli groups.
Many cities in South America have hostels specifically for Israelis, while certain other companies refuse to deal with Israeli customers at all.
My thoughts on the reasons:
Any group of people who travel together tends to do their own thing and care less about other travelers than they do about people who travel individually.
If the group is made up of young men (and women) in their early twenties, they are even more likely to party and "misbehave".
If you go to a Mediterranean beach vacation spot or places popular for binge drinking, you'll see tons of young Germans, British, Dutch, and Danes (among others) misbehaving. The same goes for North Americans on the spring break in Florida or Mexico.
Why do we travelers see this mostly with Israelis? All young Israelis must do three years of military service (women must do two years). After this time (which, like any army, is very regulated), many of them don't go to the beach for a few weeks, but take six or twelve months to travel the world (mostly in cheap places because they haven't yet earned a lot of money). In many cases with her army friends.
Imagine that you are young, have just done three years of military service and now you are traveling abroad with your friends and want to have fun. You don't give anything to anyone.
Don't get me wrong, I don't like their behavior and I think they should be given more consideration, but I'll try to explain where I think they are from.
What to do?
Hmmm, I don't have a good answer.
As I said before, I have spoken to individual Israelis about it and they all agreed that this behavior puts all Israelis in a bad light.
It may help to speak to a single person in the group about it alone. Ideally, find another Israeli person to have this conversation, as criticism of the Jewish people can sometimes be interpreted as anti-Semitism (which has nothing to do with it).
- Where does the word Adagio come from?
- How can I prepare a foundation
- What is toy equipment
- Is chemistry necessary for medical students
- Is cholesterol polar or non-polar
- Who are the journalist professors on Quora
- What are some tips on how to save on taxes
- Is electrics the best deal
- Should be married before sex
- How does Kraft Mayo Chipotle taste
- How important is CSS validation
- How long have you played the guitar?
- Why are televisions so cheap now
- Are miracles, of course
- What do you think about pi
- What is orbital resonance
- What is profit and loss
- What psychological tricks do perpetrators use
- Children develop gastroesophageal reflux disease
- What is an example of infinite strength
- Why do you deal with arrogant people
- How do I get GTA Online Mods
- How can we plan a Reddit post
- Should I get a Palm Pre Plus