What is Fifa
Götze shoots. Goal! Germany is world champion! And that in Brazil, where the finest dribble artists are at work. Without the world football association FIFA, this event would probably not have taken place in 2014, because FIFA organizes the football world championships.
In football, FIFA is in charge
The abbreviation FIFA stands for "Fédération Internationale de Football Association". This is French and in German means something like "World Football Association". FIFA has been around for over 100 years. It was founded in Paris in 1904 and even then it was an amalgamation of various football associations. Initially, these associations all came from Europe, but over time, more and more international football associations such as South Africa, Argentina and Chile joined FIFA. Much has changed since then, and today the world football association has 211 member countries from all over the world. The German Football Association, or DFB for short, is also a member of FIFA. The head of the world football association is the president.
FIFA makes the rules!
FIFA has very different tasks. For example, she makes sure that everything is peaceful and fair at a football game. FIFA is responsible for the rules of football. And it can also distribute punishments. For example, if a player behaves unfairly, FIFA can ban him from some games.
One of the most important tasks of the World Football Federation is to organize football competitions such as the World Cup. FIFA decides where the next World Cup should take place and also determines, for example, how everything should be organized in the host country and how big the stadiums there have to be. Usually several countries apply to host a World Cup and FIFA should then select the country that it deems most suitable for the next World Cup.
FIFA under fire
However, there are doubts that everything was fair at the World Cup awards. Before the last election, some FIFA members are said to have received money to vote for Qatar to host the 2022 World Cup. If the electors were actually bribed with money, that is, if their votes were bought, the election would have been cheated. In general, FIFA has been criticized again and again lately because it deals more with the business of football than with football itself.
Status: 19.11.2019, 2:07 p.m.
- How do I delete pictures on Wikipedia
- What is the past tense of the present
- Cells without a protoplasm are considered dead
- How fast are bluetooth signals transmitted?
- Who created Mahalaxmi
- What is the EAX operating mode
- Which shops guarantee plants and flowers
- Where's the best pizza in Nashville
- What is a fire fighting course
- How do you value your love handles
- Who wrote sheets of grass
- How is life in Durg
- How do we analyze P E ratios
- Are you done here
- Has anyone successfully removed SalePlus adware?
- Are Indians Aryans or Dravidians
- Which is the best designed car
- What is a real estate bond
- What are the alternative toys for LEGO
- Where was the declaration of independence written?
- Mice are herbivores
- How do I stop caring about women
- What is a Vernam cipher
- How are radios connected to a satellite