What is CH2O
VVOC are very volatile organic compounds
Odor threshold less than 1ppm,
aqueous solution is formalin (disinfectant)
It is used industrially as a base material for plastics, as well as in wood processing as an adhesive for plywood and chipboard, in the construction industry as thermal insulation, in the textile industry for "crease-free and easy-care equipment" and in the agriculture and food industry as a preservative. Formaldehyde is used as a disinfectant and is also contained in cosmetics, body and oral care products and sometimes in paints, varnishes and carpets.
The damaging effects start well below the odor threshold. In many cases, the typical odor is also masked by other components that are contained in cigarette smoke or car exhaust.
Short-term exposure to formaldehyde causes irritation of the eyes and respiratory organs even at low concentrations: from 0.01 ppm irritation of the eyes, from 0.08 ppm irritation of the eyes and nose and from 0.5 ppm irritation of the throat. Concentrated vapors greater than 10 ppm can lead to severe irritation of the mucous membranes with tearing, coughing and burning sensation in the nose and throat. Concentrations above 30 ppm cause toxic pulmonary edema and pneumonia; there is a mortal danger.
Chronic effects are disorders such as insomnia, fatigue, loss of drive, lack of appetite or nervousness, eye irritation and conjunctivitis, skin irritation, chronic cough, colds and bronchitis, headaches, depression, etc.
According to the Federal Environment Agency, emissions of volatile organic compounds without methane (Non Methane Volatile Organic Compounds - NMVOC for short) fell by 69 percent between 1990 and 2016. The use of solvents reported under industrial processes has made up the majority of German NMVOC emissions since the mid-1990s, while the technically-related sharp decline in traffic emissions has become less and less important over the years. See also Federal Environment Agency "Emission of volatile organic compounds without methane (NMVOC), development since 1990".
- How many wives did Henry VIII have?
- What does Com Android Samsung sm
- If God is real where is he
- Can two friends compete together
- How would your closest friend describe you
- Game of Thrones 26
- What does an ISTJ
- Blue eyes will die out
- Is ponny raw rice good for diabetes
- Is there a book that's harder than Irodow
- Can drive a car on vodka
- Will Randyll Tarly ever respect Samwell?
- What is the affect heuristic
- Did you even see Elvis in concert?
- How to become an advanced programmer
- When should you change your major?
- What are some immortal deities
- Whatever happened to Daenerys Khalasar
- What is the background of Proteus infections
- Who is your favorite Indian philosopher
- Why are cocaine and other drugs illegal?
- How did Hannibal feed his elephants
- Is operator overloading allowed in Java?
- What is 28 27