What Are Some Good Hanger Steak Recipes
Hanging tender or onglet ... It's amazing!
Anyone who follows us on Instagram will have seen last week that we were ordering from Gourmetfleisch.de for the first time. For this order we focused on two things:
1. Tri-Tip Steaks (more on this in a later recipe)
2. Hanging tender
Hanging tender? What is that? This is probably how most people will react when they hear that name.
Behind this name is a piece of beef that has been forgotten ... and what a thing! The hanging tender, or kidney cone, is probably known to most, if at all, by the name of the Onglet. The meat is very tender and if you like beef you will love this piece of meat. It tastes incredibly aromatic and paired with our truffle butter it was really a feast!
Ingredients for the truffle butter recipe:
- 250 g soft butter
- 1 tbsp truffle salt (if you can make it yourself: crush 2 black truffles (let them dry sufficiently) together with 200 g salt)
- 2 tbsp truffle oil
Mix everything together well. You can determine the salty taste yourself according to your taste. It tastes best when you let the butter steep for a day.
For the hanging tender you need per person:
Sounds like a little, but it tastes like a lot, especially since the truffle butter is added to it.
Take the meat out of the fridge an hour before cooking and dab well just before roasting. Now put a little oil in a steak pan or preferably a cast iron pan and then put the pan on the stove at the highest level and preheat the oven to approx. 80-100 ° C.
As soon as the oil starts to smoke slightly, add the hanging tender to the pan and sear the meat on all four sides for about a minute. Then place the pan on the oven rack or in an ovenproof dish and let it simmer in the oven until it has reached the desired cooking level (I recommend a core temperature of 55 ° C, best measure with a meat or steak thermometer). Now take it out of the oven and let it rest for a minute in aluminum foil ... DONE.
Sprinkle with the fleur de sel ... add truffle butter and ...
Loss et üch taste.
The meat was made available to us by Gourmetfleisch.de GmbH.
Gourmetfleisch never influenced the content of this recipe, it was 100% developed by us.
Loss et üch taste.
This post comes from:
Benni is not just the organizational person in the background. He has an overview of everything, writes the emails and takes care of the technical.
In addition, he supports and advises small manufacturers, start-ups, well-known manufacturers and global players in matters of social media and blogger relations.
He's not only the boss at the stove, but above all at our grills. The fact that he can also be found professionally in the BBQ area benefits him there. He is best known for his meatballs, steaks and his super creamy scrambled eggs. He then leaves the sweet things to Theres.
You rarely get to see him on social media, he is the famous voice from the off, who then leaves an impression with appropriate comments.
AND WHAT DO YOU SAY?
- Where can I get a humanoid robot
- What is the Lokpal Act of 2013
- Win great nations without fighting
- Where is your favorite Burger King franchise
- What a soda drinker are you
- Who developed the Sula wines brand
- Acid is a chemical
- Can I apply in GITAM now
- Who is the oldest wrestler
- What is 28 27
- Is Hodgkin lymphoma curable or not
- Who is your favorite military conqueror?
- How did Great Britain defeat France?
- Does it actually work to be cryogenically frozen?
- French Bulldogs are good with other dogs
- What are the latest marketing strategies
- Does the punishment match the crime?
- I hate god what can i do
- Can the memory be trained
- Why does beta thalassemia cause microcytosis?
- A cinnamon allergy is common
- Psychologically, what makes rape traumatic
- The oceans are gradually getting salty
- INTJs are prone to mind games