Are Indians Aryans or Dravidians
Difference Between Aryans and Dravids
Aryans versus Dravidians
People living in North India were called Aryans, and those belonging to South India were called Dravidians for the past few centuries. How and when this division of the Indian people came about is questionable and indeed full of anomalies. The fact that there are differences in skin color and languages made people believe in this dichotomy that was planted by the British to divide the Indians so that they could easily rule over them.
It was in the interests of the British to split the Indians based on race, and they cleverly divided the Indians into two distinct races, stating that Dravidians are those who live in southern India. They said that the Dravidians were the indigenous people of the country and lived in all parts of the country until the Aryans came into the country from the north and pushed the Dravidians down in the country so that they remained imprisoned in the south while the Aryans left the country ruled north and central India. The Indians believed that the North Indians are descendants of the Aryans while the South Indians are the descendants of the Dravidians. The fact that there is a huge difference in language, culture, art and clothing between the tribes living in northern India and those living in southern India, in addition to dietary habits, helped to confirm this racial differentiation proposed by the British.
The caste system is believed to have arisen in India with the arrival of the Aryans, who selected the classes of Brahmins (priestly class), Kshatriyas (rulers or kings), and Vaishyas (business people), leaving the lower category of Sudras (untouchables) to the Dravids and the descendants of the Aryans who were the result of a cross between Aryans and the local Dravids. In fact, there are many stories in Indian folklore describing wars between fair-skinned Aryans and dark-skinned Dravids. The fact that the date of the Aryan invasion of India was around 1500 BC. BC, disproves these stories as most events in the Hindu religion took place well before this date.
We believed for centuries that Aryans were extraterrestrials who invaded India from Iran and southern Russia. They crushed Dravidians and pushed them down and into mountains and forests. However, this division of the Indians into Aryans and Dravidians is not valid and appropriate, as recent findings brought to light by archaeologists. The epic wars of Ramayana, in which the Aryans fought with devils of the south and then with Mahabharata, the epic battle between Pandavas and Kauravas is believed to have occurred at least 7,000 years ago, which is much earlier than the likely date of the Aryan invasion .
It is possible that European scholars who joined the dichotomy of Aryans and Dravids did not see the use of the word Arya, which is derived from the Sanskrit language and means pure or good. Swastika, the symbol adopted by the Nazis in Germany and claimed as their own, can be found in Hindu scriptures and is attributed to the Arya tribes living in ancient India long before the Aryans invaded India.
What is the difference between Aryans and Dravids?
• Indians have been divided into Aryans and Dravidians by the British to serve their interests and to easily rule the country's population.
• This dichotomy could easily be spread due to the perceived differences between North Indians (Aryans) and South Indians (Dravids).
• The Aryans were fair-skinned, tall and spoke a different language than the Dravidians, who were dark and short and spoke the Dravidian language.
• Recent excavations have shown that Aryans came to India much later (1500 BC), while Indian society was caste much earlier (around 7000 BC).
• European scholars who make history did not think much of the word arya, which is used in Sanskrit and means pure and good.
- Which artist sings the song Jopping
- Why is damascus steel called damascus steel
- How do I use Modafinil effectively
- What is abiogenesis in relation to evolution
- What is PMN on a blood test
- What types of process set-ups are there
- Does Instagram still have our personal data
- Can I visit Hyderabad in June
- Where can I find investors in Dubai
- Is Saudi Arabia facing a political crisis?
- What keeps David Cameron awake at night
- How does education influence international migration
- What breeds of sheep are used for meat
- Will the world ever reach full unemployment?
- How can I learn AI from scratch
- What causes rabbits to be albino
- What are the smallest cars ever produced
- What topics does AP Calculus BC
- What do you mean by PHP
- Who was Gaea
- How does waterproof material breathe?
- Under what circumstances are Hyundai warranties transferable?
- What does it mean to shut down the house
- Can I take omeprazole every other day
- Has a value of zero
- What is a gravitational singularity
- Is Google hackable
- What do you think of the Keynesian economy
- What is specific resistance 2
- What is the main concern in IOT
- If tan x + y tanx + tany, what is tanxtany
- How do secretory vesicles work in animals?
- What is the group of isometrics
- Brandon Stark is dead