What is BARAK MISSILE SCAM 2000
Middle East Yearbook 2000 pp 88-96 | Cite as
On the basis of revelations in a newspaper in December 1999, Attorney General Eliyakim Rubinstein ordered on January 13th. 2000 police investigation against President Ezer Weizman. Weizman was charged with receiving a total of $ 450,000 in personal donations from Monte Carlo-based French Jewish businessman Eduard Seroussi from 1988 until his election as president in 1993. During the investigation, the President had to agree to a restriction of his powers (January 29); Among other things, he was no longer allowed to swear in judges or sign pardon requests. Although the attorney general had the investigation closed again because the incident was statute-barred (May 24), he accused the president of “ethical misconduct” because he had been minister of education from 1986–1990 and had special moral obligations as a member of the government. Under public pressure, Weizman announced his resignation for the summer at the end of May. officially submitted and which took effect 48 hours later according to the usual procedure.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bauer, Julien: Le Systeme Politique Israelia. Paris: PUF, 2000, 128 pp. Google Scholar
- Bregman, Ahron: It was Israel’s, 1947–93. London: Routledge, 2000, 173 pp. Google Scholar
- Cohen, Stuart A. (Ed.): Democratic societies and their armed forces. Israel in a comparative context. Ilford: Frank Cass, 2000, 294 pp. Google Scholar
- Edmunds, June: The left and Israel: party-policy change and internal democracy. Basingstoke: Macmillan, 2000, 221 pp. Google Scholar
- Freedman, Robert O. (Ed.): Israel’s first fifty years. Gainesville, Fla .: Univ. of Florida Press, 2000, 290 pp. Google Scholar
- Garfinkle, Adam M..: Politics and society in modern Israel: myths and realities. New York: M.E. Sharpe Armonk, 2000, 336 S. Google Scholar
- Hazan, Reuven Y. / Maor, Moshe (eds.): Parties, elections and cleavages: Israel in comparative and theoretical perspective. Ilford: Frank Cass, 1999, 250 pp. Google Scholar
- Hepperle, Sabine: The SPD and Israel. From the grand coalition in 1966 to the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1982. Frankfurt / M. et al .: Peter Lang., 2000, 499 S.Google Scholar
- Lomsky-Feder, Edna / Ben-Ari, Eyal (eds.): The military and militarism in Israel. Albany: State Univ. of New York Press, 1999, 323 pp. Google Scholar
- Maul, Stephan: Israel on course for peace? Political and Religious Fundamentalism in Israel. Effects on the Middle East Peace Process. Münster and others: Lit-Verlag, 2000, 152 pp. Google Scholar
- Peri, Yoram (ed.): The assasssination of Yitzhak Rabin. Stanford, Col .: Stanford Univ. Press, 2000, 386 pp. Google Scholar
- Reich, Bernard / Goldberg, David H.: Political dictionary of Israel. Lanham, Md .: Scarecrow, 2000, 448 pp. Google Scholar
- Schäfer, Barbara (ed.): Historians' dispute in Israel. The “new” historians between science and the public. Frankfurt / M .: Campus-Verlag, 2000, 293 pp. Google Scholar
- Shafir, Gershon / Peled, Yoav: The new Israel: peacemaking and liberalization. Boulder, Col .: Westview Press, 2000, 294 pp. Google Scholar
- Shlaim, Avi: The iron wall. Israel and the Arab world. New York: Norton, 2000, 670 pp. Google Scholar
- Tal, Yisrael: National security. The Israel experience. Westport, Conn .: Praeger, 2000, 216 S. Google Scholar
- Torstrick, Rebecca L.: The limits of coexistence: identity politics in Israel. Ann Arbor: Univ. of Michigan Press, 2000, 284 pp. Google Scholar
- Tzalel, Moshe: From ice-breaker to missile boat: the evolution of Israel’s naval strategy. Westport, Conn .: Greenwood Publishing Group Inc., 2000, 170 pp. Google Scholar
Authors and Affiliations
There are no affiliations available
- What topics does AP Calculus BC
- Itachi Uchiha was the worst spy ever
- How our nutrition plan affects our health
- What do psychopaths think of petting animals?
- Can an iceberg follow a ship
- In which language is Duolingo written
- Does Donald Trump have a funny personality
- How is freedom possible 1
- How many human rights articles are there
- How did the Great Awakening begin
- Have NITs dress codes
- Think of yourself as a bad person
- How fast our brain neurons work
- Should roof nails go through the sheathing
- What types of process set-ups are there
- How to hack MikroTik
- Should I come to Wipro as a project engineer?
- Might beat Superman Thor
- Are mobile VPNs safe?
- Why does my Razer Naga stop working
- How much more bandwidth does HTTPS use
- Is Instagram the new Polaroid
- What does an advertising producer do
- Which stocks should I invest in next?
- Which is better Pulchowk or Ku
- Will God forgive unintended sins?
- What is an output unit
- Why don't we have superpowers yet?
- What do you think of preparators
- When does a belief become a superstition?
- Is Tablighi another name for Shia
- How effective was the Rashidun army
- What is the Tibetan government in exile
- How to plant aconite