Which organic compounds do not contain hydrogen?
DATES & EDUCATIONAL OFFER
Hydrogen is the most common chemical element in the universe. It is part of water and almost all organic compounds. Bound hydrogen is therefore also found in all living organisms.
Hydrogen is a colorless and odorless gas. Hydrogen is not a primary energy carrier and therefore not an energy source either, but it can store energy. Hydrogen plays a role in various industrial sectors. At the moment there is a lot of talk about electric mobility and fuel cell vehicles in particular.
The chemical element hydrogen (H) is a secondary energy carrier. It is not an energy source like oil, natural gas, coal, biomass, wind, water, solar energy or geothermal energy. In nature, hydrogen is always bound. Hydrogen is the most common and lightest element in the universe and under normal conditions it is always gaseous. The most common isotope of hydrogen has only one proton in its nucleus, which is orbited by an electron.
In nature, hydrogen is practically non-existent in atomic form and is also very rarely found as a molecular gas. Hydrogen is mainly present in bound form as water. Other important hydrogen-containing compounds are hydrocarbons such as methane or petroleum. The mass fraction of hydrogen on earth is about 0.12%. However, the water supply is gigantic with around 1.386 billion cubic kilometers.
Hydrogen has been produced industrially for many decades. Especially in a number of refinery processes such as the production of fuels. In addition, hydrogen is produced as a by-product in chemical processes and has so far mainly been used in the food and electronics industries. The most common method used to produce hydrogen is the steam reforming of methanol, natural gas and other hydrocarbons.
Since these fossil energy sources are finite, are becoming more and more expensive and cause emissions that are harmful to the climate, it is important to switch to alternative manufacturing processes in the long term. Electrolysis is another method of producing hydrogen. With the help of electrical
Electricity, preferably from renewable energies, can split water into hydrogen and oxygen. As an energy source, it offers a great opportunity to reduce dependence on fossil fuels.
The emission-free and efficient hydrogen production with regenerative energy sources is becoming more and more important, as fossil raw materials such as B. crude oil or natural gas are becoming increasingly scarce. It is possible to produce hydrogen using electrolysis processes. This process is currently in the development and testing stage.
New studies show that the share of the energetic use of hydrogen in global final energy consumption of 3 to 8% is considered possible by the year 2050. The key markets for hydrogen use in 2050 will be in the regions of North America, Europe and Asia. Hydrogen will become particularly important as a fuel in traffic. The first solar hydrogen filling station was inaugurated in Freiburg in March.
- How did the Nubians affect ancient Egypt?
- How often do you eat Lean Cuisine
- Is well-written or well-written correctly
- Why do people believe in something
- What is repetition
- Can AFib go away
- How are bicycle companies entrepreneurial
- How does Stack Overflow manage tags
- Do people fear memories
- Engineering Branch vs College, which is important
- You can leave the Air Force
- What is boiler corrosion
- Why do you like mexican rice
- Why are Sweden's beaches so bad
- What is the difference between uberPOOL and uberX
- Is the deferred pay subject to Medicare tax
- How important are Java Certifications
- What do mathematicians hate most?
- What do you mean by junk jewelry
- What is the example of mycorrhizae
- What is a big signal and a small signal
- Why can't we please everyone?
- What is the name of a group of crows
- How risky is small business entrepreneurship
- How does a mini computer work
- Does the present exist 1
- Can we just get rid of Obamacare?
- What do you think of BBQ ribs
- A transformer converts voltage or power
- Which birds don't fly
- Are Blockchain Companies Really Trustworthy?
- Which company offers the best Forex RDP
- What's your favorite street in Paris
- How do you become a bicycle ambassador