What is the legacy of B B Kings
B. B. King: The blues died with him
Every B. B. King concert that we can remember was his last. Every trip through the multi-purpose halls and over the festival meadows was his farewell tour and every new album was his legacy. As long as he was still alive, he had sold us his music again and again.
This Monday B. B. King would have been 94 years old. He died in 2015. His guest appearance three years before his death in what was then the Mitsubishi Hall in Düsseldorf was the very last one he had given on German soil. It went down in music history.
Google has put a brand new Doodle online for B. B. King's 94th birthday.
He played, sang and chatted while sitting next to his stand for the towels, screamed the guitar, sang “You Are My Sunshine” and “The Thrill Is Gone” and chatted about age, his blood sugar and his weakness for the beauty of all women in the hall.
We wanted to hear about misery and depression
He rolled his eyes like a Moor in a cinema, and the band accompanied their B. B. lively through his blues barn. As always, we wanted more from him, more tragedy and more sadness and less swing soiree and SPD morning pint. But if anyone could do something for that, it wasn't him in his golden jacket, but us.
We white men, washed up with all the trimmings of pop culture, long for a blues that sounds like the field recordings on the Smithsonian Institute's YouTube channel in Washington. We want black farm workers to complain to us about warped guitars from the time of the Great Depression.
We don't know why ourselves. Which is why we believe that sometime and somewhere in the swamp of the Mississippi, the blues of a forgotten singer is truer than the blues of B.B. King should be on a Düsseldorf stage.
- What is WhatsApp Beta
- Which products are injection molded
- What do you think of Balzac
- Why is true love important
- What happens to Sgt Bergdahl
- How to make electro-acoustic music
- What if i like a girl
- Why is everyone always talking about money
- What is the Russian word for?
- Aussies drink kaenguru milk
- Avoid going to the doctor
- In what quality are DVDs
- Why did Quora remove the messaging feature
- Where can I download Assassin's Creed Syndicate
- AIDS can be transmitted by drinking blood
- Do schools really need more male teachers?
- Where can I buy DU LLB books
- Why are some men unable to satisfy their women?
- What is a Manhattan cute
- Where can we find cell phone trackers
- Misanthropy is unethical
- Benefits of converting PSD to HTML 1
- How exactly do you question someone
- Have capacitors polarity