Is alcohol bad for your throat?
Even a little alcohol increases the risk of cancer
Women who drink and smoke a lot are at higher risk of developing head and neck cancer. A recent case-control study shows that moderate drinking alone is enough to increase the risk.
The scientists compared 62 patients who suffered from cancer of the oral cavity, throat or larynx with 248 women who did not have cancer. Cancer patients regularly consumed alcohol three times as often - mainly beer and schnapps. Almost half of the patients drank more than 20 grams of alcohol per day, of the healthy it was only 1.6 percent. Already with a daily alcohol consumption of 10-20 grams, the cancer risk increased by 4.6 times compared to women who drank less than 10 grams. With a consumption of 30-60 grams per day, the risk increased by a factor of 29. Even tobacco consumption did not have such a strong influence on the types of cancer examined as the amount of alcohol. To prevent cancer from developing, the authors recommend women not to drink more than 10 grams of alcohol a day, which corresponds to 250 milliliters of beer or 125 milliliters of wine.
Maier, H. u.a .: Alcohol consumption and cancer of the upper aerodigestive tract in women. In: Deutsche Medizinische Wochenschrift 124, pp. 851-854, 1999
▶︎ NewsletterThe UGB newsletter informs you once a month free of charge.
| • current specialist information|
• News from science
• Book and surf tips
• Recipe of the month
| • Seasonal vegetables and fruits|
• Job offers in the field of nutrition /
Environment / natural food
• UGB events and new media
▶︎ Trial subscriptionTry 3 issues + gift now
Related keywords ...
All articles on alcohol ...
This article is taken from the UGB archive.
- What is Trump's stance on civil decay
- Why don't you like France
- How is gravity without a galaxy
- Should the government put limits on capitalism
- Is Boabdil Spain still alive
- Is Twilight Gothic
- What is TrakInvest
- Should I go to England alone?
- How will demonization affect women
- Why do living organisms die
- Why do plant cells not have lysosomes?
- How do you like your daughter
- Bitcoin will fall in 2020
- Provides a BCom program to LSR
- Splashes occur during plasma welding
- How can CRM help improve sales
- When will dinner be served in Duronto?
- What is angry anger
- Microsoft Visual Studio is free
- Which other words correspond to 100
- What is St. Augustine FL known for
- Can I invest without a portfolio?
- What is the formula for the volume density?