How do I transcribe videos automatically
How to automatically transcribe YouTube videos
Many of us may not know this, but YouTube contains a lot of useful features such as translating titles and descriptions, and YouTube keyboard shortcuts, etc. There are also options for transcribing YouTube videos. Since speech recognition software has improved a lot these days, you can use a get reliable automatic transcriptionthat can be easily edited with little or no effort.
It's pretty easy to transcribe YouTube videos because YouTube does the transfers most videos automatically as soon as they are uploaded . In this post, I will show you three ways to get YouTube video transcriptions for free.
Note: It is impossible for a computer to have a perfect transcript an audio file offers . The accuracy you get depends entirely on the noise and interference in the video. For example, if it's just a quiet lecture in classthen you should get a good transcript with over 80% accuracy.
Method 1: copy / paste YouTube transcript
Most YouTube videos will transmitted automatically using Google voice technology . There is also the possibility that the owner of the video personally transcribed the video and made it available to the readers. Whatever the case, you can just access the transcript and copy it along with timestamps. Here's how to do it:
- Click the button below the video More and select in the menu Transcript . You will then be asked to select a language. Make your choice and you will become one see full transcript along with timestamps .
Now click and drag to highlight all of the text, and press Ctrl + C to copy the text. You can paste this text anywhere and your transcript is ready.YouTube automatically highlights words that may have been incorrectly selected, which makes editing the transcript easier. Just click on the CC- Button in the YouTube player, around subtitles to activate, and you see the subtitles in white.
The However, subtitles that are gray in color may be errors . You can see this to change the transcription easily. Keep in mind, however, that subtitles uploaded by the owner of the video do not contain gray words.
Method 2: using third-party service
If you more control and a better structure of the video transcript, you will need to get help from a third-party service.
There are many websites that you can go to paste the youtube video url can for a full transcript . I recommend DIYCaptions for this purpose as it is easy to use and doesn't have any annoying redirects or popups.
It basically has two types of transcript extractors . One for Transcript in text format and the other to one Transcript in .srt format along with timestamps. Just paste the video url into the text box of the extractor you want and click Come on .You will see the transcript on the next page, which you can copy and paste into your favorite editor. If you are edit the transcript or want to download directly in your preferred format, DIYCaptions also offers one Transcription pad on . You can find the transcription pad on the DIYCaptions homepage. Just enter the url of your YouTube video and click Come on . On the next page you can control the playback of the video and view it alongside the text editor. There are also buttons to view or download transcriptions of the video. Method 3: transcribe using Google Doc
The above two methods will work just fine if there is an automatic or owner uploaded transcript of the YouTube video available. However, if you have a video with no available transcript you can transcribe the integrated voice input function of Use Google Docs to the video audio to hear and automatically enter everything.
To get a good transcript it is recommended that the pc hears the audio directly from its speakers .
Here's how to do it:
- In Windows, right-click the sound icon in the system tray and select Recording devices . Now select " Stereo mix "from the list and click "Set Default"to set it as the default recording source.
if the Stereo mix Option is not supported by your PC's sound card (like mine), you can VB Virtual Audio Cable- Tool download and install and get an alternative option in the same menu.
After you've installed the tool's drivers, you should have the option "Cable output "in the same sound options. Select that option, then click" default ".After that hears your Pc that to the Recordings audio coming from the speakers . Now all you have to do is start typing Google Docs Voice and the required video at the same time to start the transcription.
Here's how to do it:
- Open Google Docs in Chrome or other Chromium-based browsers (voice typing is not supported in non-Chromium browsers).
- Now create a new document and choose from the menu at the top "Extras" the option"Voice input" . A small box will appear with a microphone icon in the middle. Click on it to start recording .
- Switch to the "YouTube Video" tab and play the video . Google Docs is entered automatically when people speak in the YouTube video.
Of course it will this process will take as long as the duration of the video, but in the end you will get a good transcript of the video. Google Docs The Language typing also supports more than 40 languages . You can click the Voice input menu to change the language.
The transcript created should be as good as YouTube's automatic captioning service as they both use the same speech recognition technology.
Conclusion and suggestions
I like to watch YouTube videos that have subtitles enabled and I can attest that automatic subtitles for YouTube are really good and make very few mistakes. Even videos with little background noise are transcribed with great accuracy.
Of course, if you don't want to make changes or correct punctuation in your transcription, you can always pay a professional to do it. On a website like Fiverr you can get an hour of video transcribed for only $ 20.
50 Stunning 3D Street Art (Paintings)
Street art has existed since the 16th century, in which paintings of the Italian Renaissance Madonnari and French trompe l'oeil (French: "fool the eye") create stunning murals that adorn the interior walls of luxurious villas. 3D art can also trace its routes further back to the ancient Greek days, when painter Zeuxius (born around 464BC) painted a still life picture so convincingly that birds flew from the sky to peck the painted grapes. The magic
(Tech and Design Tips)
- What is the synchronous 3-phase motor
- Is homeopathy effective for pneumonia?
- Why is fashion often repeated in bygone eras?
- One person can have two Neteller accounts
- What is line X.
- What does the unified cell theory say?
- Are switches connected to a neutral conductor
- Why is Tanzania a mixed economy
- What do psychologists 2
- How can I get superior hearing protection
- Which is the best sim for the internet
- What is an endogeneity problem
- Psychiatrists are poor understanding people
- What is the percentage of 11 16
- How is China's artificial intelligence developing?
- Are prions involved in Alzheimer's disease?
- Are Wikipedia references in APA
- Why did Omar Ting found ClubDegen
- Is head and neck cancer curable?
- What is 12 12 12 12 2
- What is the best gynecologist in Gurgaon
- Which day follows Tuesday
- Can I throw away hydrochloric acid?
- Working baby pacifiers
- Will the internet change the world economy
- What makes Pakistan vulnerable to potential investors?
- It is a good thing to feign trust
- What did you learn about human intelligence
- How can I build on clay soil
- How important is an investment in a mutual fund
- Who is Pat McGrath
- Where do sexually transmitted diseases or AIDS come from?
- How hackers use P2P