What is ease of use in the user interface
Usability is a quality feature that assesses how easy a user interface or website is to use. The main focus is on design and usability.
Website usability is one of the online marketing disciplines. For the operator of a website, it is advisable to deal with the usability of the website and to continuously improve it for the users. If a website is not designed to be user-friendly, it is likely to be left quickly. A better search function can help so that a user buys sooner and does not leave the site. This can be used, for example, with the help of Google Custom Search.
Video explanation: web usability
Special focus is placed on these criteria for website usability:
- Easy to learn
How easy is the website to get to? Can core tasks be done the first time?
How fast can a user complete a task if he already knows the website.
Does a user return to the website after a while. How quickly can he find his way around the website again?
How many mistakes does the user make? How serious are these? How does the user react to the errors? How can these errors be eliminated?
How comfortable is it to use the design? Would a visitor like to come back?
There are a number of other quality features of a website. The entirety of these is also called the user experience.
Special usability tests are carried out to find out how users act on a page and what mistakes they are making. If you want to quickly come to a result about the usability of a page or a product, the System Usability Scale can be used.
Detailed tests can be carried out through observation, live testing (e.g. with the help of thinking aloud tests), eye tracking, heuristic evaluation and other methods. In doing so, insights into the behavior of users on the website are gained and measures for improving the user experience are derived. For example, heat maps with an F-shape pattern can be created that reflect the reading behavior of the user. Scrollmaps also show which parts of the website are most interesting for a user.
The card sorting process can be used to make the navigation of the website more user-friendly. Several test persons are presented with all navigation terms in maps and have to arrange them according to their ideas for a successful navigation. Furthermore, a participatory design can also be used from the start. Here the user is included in the development process.
Accessibility plays an important role (also for search engines). Accessible websites can easily be used by people with disabilities with the help of auxiliary devices and programs (braille displays, reading programs). The storage of alt tags during image optimization benefits both usability and on-page optimization.
Usability only has an indirect influence on search engine optimization (SEO). If websites are poorly usable, users will most likely leave the page and the bounce rate of a page back to the search engine can increase. Google always recommends improving the usability of a website. If a website is usable, barrier-free and easily accessible for the user, it can serve as a signal for good website quality.
With a good user experience, a website can be perceived positively by visitors. Visitors are encouraged to share, bookmark or link the page.
More from the world of online marketing:
- What is the best advice of Confucius
- How can the nutritional status be improved?
- How much does the Mexican chipotle grill cost
- How does CarMax buy leased cars
- What foods make lupus worse
- When was information technology first discovered?
- What are the greatest architectural works
- What is the MPV blood test for
- Who invented the sun?
- What does it mean to be awesome
- What happens when gasoline is heated
- Are vias in flexible circuits reliable
- Which game needs the most RAM
- Is tea a drug
- What is the low point for a narcissist
- When was the first mirror made?
- Do animals have spirit animals
- Free always means free
- What was your experience with immigrants
- What is the Fiverr Gig Ranking Algorithm
- Why should I use a plunger
- How powerful is the Kingdom of Jordan
- How can bacteria be harmful to humans?
- Why do we need cluster computing
- Get Amazon interns vacation
- How does Instagram compress my video
- What is profiling
- How was the first video game made
- Why did you choose Microsoft Ax
- There are bowling alleys in Nagpur
- Are the people in Grand Rapids MI friendly
- What are the deepest human feelings
- Are rugby players tougher than football players
- Where do I see celebrities in Shanghai