What is the secret to losing weight
Lose weight with running The secret of losing weight
How to calculate your basal metabolic rate (Harris-Benedict formula)
The basal metabolic rate (GU) is the amount of energy that is required per day in complete rest to maintain all important body functions. The basal metabolic rate can be approximately calculated using the "Harris-Benedict formula"
GU (kcal / day) = 66.47 + (13.7 x weight in kg) + (5 x height in cm) - (6.8 x age in years)
An example: 30 years old, 1.80 meters tall, 70 kilos
GU: 66.47 + (13.7 x 70 kg) + (5 x 180 cm) - (6.8 x 30 years) = 66.47 + 959 + 900 - 204 ≈ 1721 kcal
GU (kcal / day) = 655.1 + (9.6 x weight in kg) + (1.8 x height in cm) - (4.7 x age in years)
An example: 30 years old, 1.65 meters tall, 55 kilos
GU: 655.1 + (9.6 x 55 kg) + (1.8 x 165 cm) - (4.7 x 30 years) = 655.1 + 528 + 297 - 141 ≈ 1339 kcal
In addition, there are the calories that you use up through exercise. The so-called work metabolic rate makes up around 25 percent of your basal metabolic rate during light physical activity, which you can count on the basal metabolic rate to determine your total calorie consumption. For medium-hard work it is 50 percent, and for high physical activity you can add another 75 percent.
And then there is the energy that you use while running. Modern running computers and most running apps show you how many calories you can include in your energy balance as "used" after your run. The addition of basal metabolic rate, labor metabolic rate and running metabolic rate is then your daily calorie consumption. By the way, to lose one kilo of body fat, you have to burn around 8000 to 9000 kcal. For a man of normal build, this corresponds to about 12-14 hours of running.
- Which invasive species do you like
- Which is the most efficient biomass gasifier
- Mathematical skills can be learned
- What is Victor Hugo's most underrated work
- What was Chuck Taylor best known for
- Mix milk and water
- Binding arbitration is fair
- How can we see our veins
- How much does Blue Dart insurance cost
- What is the full form of XLRI
- Is math more important than other subjects
- What is self-memory meditation
- Carry on Aragorn Eowyn
- What do animals do all day
- How do cooperatives benefit from a community
- What determines the speed of a domino?
- How does Joe Biden win?
- What is Ashanti's ethnicity
- What kind of people are you
- How brutal was colonialism in Africa
- What does an advertising producer do
- What dogs love motorcycles
- Win great nations without fighting
- Is it worth studying in Germany?