Which is the best tutorial about celery
Prefer celery: Here's how to sow the seeds
If you want to sow and prefer celery, you should start early. The following applies to both celeriac (Apium graveolens var. Rapaceum) and celery (Apium graveolens var. Dulce): The plants have a long cultivation time. If celery is not preferred, the growing season in the open air is hardly sufficient to bring in a rich harvest.
A preculture of celery is recommended at the end of February / beginning of March so that it can be planted outdoors after the ice saints in May. The seeds are sown in seed boxes, only lightly pressed and well moistened. The fastest celery germinates in a bright place at temperatures around 20 degrees Celsius. When the first real leaves appear, the young celery plants are pricked out.
When to sow celery
The young plant cultivation of celeriac and celeriac takes about eight weeks. You should therefore plan sufficient time for the preculture. With the sowing for early cultivation under glass or foil, you can sow from mid-January. For outdoor cultivation, sowing usually takes place from the end of February / beginning of March. Like parsley, celery can also be preferred in pots from March onwards. As soon as late frosts are no longer to be expected, usually after the ice saints in May, celery can be planted.
How do you properly sow celery?
Let the celery seeds soak in water overnight and then sow them in seed boxes filled with potting soil. Press the seeds down well with a chopping board, but do not cover them with soil. Since celery is a light sprout, the seeds are only thinly - about half a centimeter - sifted over with sand. Gently shower the substrate with water and cover the box with a transparent lid. Then the vessel is placed in a bright, warm place. A bright window sill or a greenhouse with temperatures between 18 and 22 degrees Celsius is well suited. The optimal germination temperature for celery is 20 degrees Celsius, temperatures below 15 degrees Celsius encourage the plants to shoot later. Until the cotyledons appear, keep the substrate evenly moist, but not too wet.
Prick the celery
In order to get strong, well-rooted young plants, pricking out celery is very important. As soon as the first two or three real leaves have formed, the time has come. Using a prick stick, carefully lift the plants out of the growing container and shorten long roots a little - this stimulates root growth. Then place the plants in small pots with potting soil, alternatively pot plates with 4 x 4 cm single pots are also suitable. Then water the plants well.
Continue to cultivate the grown celery
After pricking the celery plants are still cultivated in a light place, but a little cooler at 16 to 18 degrees Celsius and with sparing watering. After two to four weeks they can be supplied with a liquid fertilizer for the first time, which is applied with the irrigation water. From the end of April you should harden the plants slowly and put them outside during the day. When the last late frosts are over, celery can be planted in the prepared vegetable patch. Choose a generous plant spacing of around 50 x 50 centimeters. Celeriac should not be planted deeper than it was previously in the pot: if the plants are set too deep, they will not form any tubers.
- Why did other civilizations not build pyramids?
- Why doesn't Alaska connect with Canada
- Errors in the creation of software are billed
- Describe three anti-DevOps patterns
- What do you think of preparators
- Which are the lightest metals
- What is the full form of CLASS
- How should you invest in the short term
- What does indentation mean in Python
- Are there reasons to use errors?
- How dangerous is a tarantula bite
- What is human oblivion
- What is the full form of FAPA
- How do I promote my CineQuest website
- Is Cairo a great place to visit
- How is meat made
- Sunsilk Shampoo causes hair loss
- What is the difference between normality and normality
- How long has it been since elephant birds lived?
- What does contradiction mean
- Is there any special training outside of the USA?
- How often are state pensions paid
- What bad dreams mean in the morning
- Why is Slovenia important to the EU