How is the drag force calculated
Resistance in a car from air resistance and speed
Brakes | Overtaking | Power, speed | Speed (average) | Turning circle | Resilience
Calculator for the drag force that acts on a car with a certain air resistance at a certain speed. In addition to the speed, cwValue and frontal area matter. The Cw-Value is a measure of how well the shape of the car lets the air by or stops it. The lower the value, the better. The frontal area indicates the size visible from the front. Average values are given for both; these values can vary greatly depending on the car model. The air density can also change, but is independent of the car. The drag force is given in Newtons, this is the force that pushes against the car. In simplified terms, ten newtons can be thought of as one kilogram.
The drag coefficient is calculated from the drag coefficient and the frontal area; this value is often referred to as air resistance. cwA value, air density and speed result in the resistance. Required performance is the power that is required to maintain the speed, this can be calculated in kW or in PS.
The formulas are:
cwA value = cw value * face
Resistance = cwA value * speed² / 2 * air density
Required power = resistance * speed
The speed is squared, so it is the most important factor. At twice the speed, the resistance is four times as high.
Example: with the given values, the drag force at 100 km / h is just under 350 Newtons, at 150 km / h it is more than twice as high at around 780 Newtons.
- What is pressure What are some examples
- Who are Normans
- Do you ever feel inadequate in life
- What do people say about BITKAN
- Extremely hot guys can be scary
- Are shotguns or snipers more deadly
- What did medieval fools do
- What are some unknown resume hacks
- Who created Primus and Unicron
- Trump protects US taxpayers
- How have zoos changed over time
- How do you debate like Ben Shapiro
- Are coordinates plural or singular
- Which is better Amity or VIT
- Is it dangerous to listen to music while cycling?
- What's your best musician joke
- Does the Sultanate of Zanzibar exist today
- Which train is the slowest?
- What is a Sycon
- Are ADHD and depression related
- Have capacitors polarity
- How do I make a text video
- Can I get EMI on Visa cards
- Silver remains shiny