How can I get my motivation
Seven ways out of low motivation
We are not machines. It is absolutely normal that motivation fluctuates and sometimes goes to zero. Perhaps an experience threw you out of your rhythm and since then you've fallen back into old habits. It is crucial to get back on your feet after such a phase. Because a few days off can quickly turn into several weeks.
That's why you are now learning seven quick tricks on how to find your old enthusiasm again and soon reach new peaks again.
1. Just start again
This tip sounds extremely simple, but you shouldn't conclude from its simplicity that it is ineffective. Because once you've started again, you can really take the whole swing with you. You have to get the stone rolling first so that you can then pull yourself up on the forward impact.
Do not let yourself go, go yourself! Magda Bentrup
So instead of constantly thinking about how little motivated you are and how difficult it is to start, you are suddenly fully involved. You will find that getting started wasn't as difficult as you thought.
2. Accelerate slowly
You must never make the mistake and, after a long break, expect yourself to be able to achieve top performance straight away. Increase yourself day by day until you have reached the original state again. Take your time and do not put yourself under pressure, because otherwise you will give up immediately, exasperated.
3. Accept the ups and downs
Motivation is not constant. Accept that there are days when you would like to stay in bed all day. The negative thoughts must then not gain the upper hand. Instead, see it as a special challenge to still make the most of a day like this.
But you shouldn't make the mistake of using days when you have a lot of energy and motivation as a yardstick. Enjoy such power days and make the most of them!
4. Be well rested
Never underestimate the importance of getting enough sleep. Only those who are well rested can achieve top performance (see also rest phase and periodization). When you are tired and exhausted, your motivation suffers extremely. If you want to achieve a lot, you have to get into the habit of going to bed on time and (if possible) always at the same time. But be careful: Too much sleep makes you lazy. You have to find a healthy mediocrity.
5. Find like-minded people
It is always particularly difficult to stick to the bar on your own. Therefore look for a partner who pursues the same goal as you. You can then motivate each other in the difficult phases. For big tasks, you can also get help from experts or work with a coach.
6. Never skip two days in a row
That is absolutely crucial! It is completely normal that you don't feel like it for a day and prefer to be lazy. So that the rhythm is not completely lost, you should make sure that you continue the next day.
Especially if you want to learn a new habit, you should never deviate from this rule. Otherwise everything that you have built up over a few weeks will be broken again. To prevent that, you should be motivated enough to go full throttle again tomorrow!
7. Light your inner fire
Why has your motivation been lost? At some point you must have been motivated to achieve your goals, right? Find this inner fire again! Read inspiring stories that will spark new motivation in you. Think about how you can have more fun with your tasks again. Maybe a bet with a friend or just work outdoors today? There are so many ways to add variety to everyday life. You just have to get creative and ask yourself how you can pursue your goals with more fun and passion.
More tips if you are no longer motivated? Read our article "New motivation - 6 tips to get you going again" including a very helpful motivation checklist to download.
- Can cats feel the death of a person?
- Who are the world's best trendsetters
- What is VPA in UPI
- What is the purpose of vacation
- Will Tech YouTubing ever cease to be popular?
- Who is the best astrologer in Panchkula
- What is your rating of the Esperanto language
- Which beach has the most plastic?
- Why will Coinbase work
- Why do dogs like to chew sofas
- How can I generate an email signature
- What was Sartre's philosophy
- How common are scorpions in Bangalore, India
- What are the eight forms of time
- What's your worst lactose intolerance experience
- Will kill IBM Watson Jeopardy by winning
- What is the most innovative SaaS solution
- What is the MOOC title
- Why can't we convert matter into energy?
- How helpful is sport for students
- How do spacecraft avoid overheating?
- What are some big phones
- Hayden Christensen is a good actor
- Autism has biological evidence
- How should I approach the Vedanta philosophy
- What is COGS cost of goods sold
- Is Chrome accelerated for Android hardware
- What is a common mistake in bedroom decorating
- Rethinking can lead to paralysis
- What is a fake hacker
- Rice University students call themselves owls
- What is a DC motor with encoder
- What is translucent 1