What is the first musical instrument
The music instrument
For a long time, it has been difficult for evolutionary biologists and neurobiologists to understand why people like music. Mastering an instrument, striking the right note, or listening to the chants of others has no apparent benefit or survival advantage. No animal composes symphonies, and humans seem to have found pleasure in seemingly useless melodies and rhythms only late in their development.
Archaeologists from Tübingen discovered the first unequivocal evidence of the penchant for music in a cave in the Swabian Alb: two flutes made of swan bone and one made of mammoth ivory. The objects are up to 37,000 years old, making them the oldest known musical instruments known to man. The ivory flute has at least three finger holes, and a replica shows that it can be used to produce different tones: four basic tones and three overblown tones. In addition, their builders apparently already had a feel for harmonies and arranged the holes in such a way that melodic intervals sounded.
It is not known whether people may have drummed on logs and bones before, moved rhythmically or started simple chants. The inventor of music and instruments is therefore considered to be the modern Homo sapiens, who appeared in Europe around 40,000 years ago. Over the decades, his sonorous repertoire continued to grow. In addition to flutes and pipes, there are, for example, percussion instruments made of mammoth bones and, in the Neolithic Age (9000-2200 BC), sea clams as trumpets or drums made of clay covered with skins. The musical bow was created as the first stringed instrument in the Neolithic Age, and it is heard in Mesopotamia around 3000 BC First harp and lyre.
Researchers have now discovered that the basic musical understanding of melodies, rhythms and sounds is biological in the brain. Music triggers emotions and could therefore have brought evolutionary advantages, according to new hypotheses: men making music are more attractive to women, mothers can calm their babies through singing, and music keeps a group socially together.
Back to main page#Subjects
- What are the main functions of HarmonyOS
- Smoking causes impotence
- What is BC powder made of
- Should Muslims wish Christians a Merry Christmas
- This head transplant is seriously considered
- Girls at IMU Kolkata get ragged
- Really loved Othello Desdemona in Othello
- What did you learn about human intelligence
- What's your rating of Dairy Farming
- What is the relative sweetness of sugar
- The audience is paid in Aap Ki Adalat
- Do the Illuminati exist 6
- Why do Irish people have a southern European temperament
- Who is the Mongolian President
- How sacred is marriage in India
- What is the cheapest price per click
- Can you tell me about your country
- How long should I soak sea moss?
- What is IC 7486
- Any existing URL domain classifiers
- Tomestone Arizona is stuck in time
- Why is nylon 6 6 elastic 1
- Should prostitution be legalized in India
- Is there a future in SQL